Savage 110 Long Action

canguy

Hi All,
I'm sure there is a thread out there some place but I couldn't find one (not the sharpest when it comes to systems).
I have a Savage 110 LA 30-06 & buy the serial # (F806098) it was built in 99. The bolt release is on top next to the bolt & mag release button is on the side of stock. Here's my request: 1st, does anyone make a glass stock for this variant that will have a forend wide enough to accept 24" 3b barrel? 2nd, does anyone make a LA floor plate w/a detachable mag? My plan is to have it built into a 280AI using my Bartlein 3b 7mm 5r barrel? Savage Serial No. 1.jpg

Hi All,
I'm sure there is a thread out there some place but I couldn't find one (not the sharpest when it comes to systems).
I have a Savage 110 LA 30-06 & buy the serial # (F806098) it was built in 99. The bolt release is on top next to the bolt & mag release button is on the side of stock. Here's my request: 1st, does anyone make a glass stock for this variant that will have a forend wide enough to accept 24" 3b barrel? 2nd, does anyone make a LA floor plate w/a detachable mag? My plan is to have it built into a 280AI using my Bartlein 3b 7mm 5r barrel?View attachment 601896
Glass stock?

I have the Stocky's VG carbon fiber stock and Accurate Mag DBM which allows for 3.850" in the 300WM. Stock requires some fitting on mine and will most likely also receive pillars.

There are several and having a top bolt release gives you better bottom metal options if you want to use aics mags. I built a 280ai with a savage action and it's in a Pure Precision Altitude stock and has a X-Caliber carbon barrel. I have 3 of these stocks but the other 2 are short actions both have sendero profile barrels.
https://pureprecision.com/product/savage-110-altitude-stock/

Grayboe has the Phoenix 2 which looks to have a pretty wide up front but I don't have any experience with them.

There is also a Choate which I have had in the past and was plenty wide for any barrel.

I have one of the stocky's stocks mentioned above and have a steel sendero profile barrel in that one also. Pics of the Stocky's and Pure precision below. Pure precision green, Stocky's FDE.

Attachments

• IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 45
I have taken a pre-accustock receiver, then fitted and bedded it to an accustock. The accustocks are actually pretty good, and their bottom metals too.

Don't know if I missed something but all of these yall mentioned are bottom bolt release…
I'll be changing over to a top bolt release action in one of my pure precision altitudes so I can use aics mags in the next few days. I anticipate there will be a very minimal amount of material that will need to be removed. I'll update here once it's done with some pics.