Remington Alpha 1 revisited

Here's a shot in my Remarms 700 ADL. This is Remington's cheapest 700 in their line up. Yours is basically their flagship model. I'd expect it to equal or exceed mine.
1729524240495.png

The rifle is fired at the factory to insure it's in good working order. That's common practice for all legit firearms builders. The action is a modified Rem 700. All Remington 700's now come with 5R barrels. And the short action are modified to fit 2.950" cartridges. This is noted by the feed ramp being relived in the center to accommodate the longer cartridges. I wouldn't take a dremel to anything. I'd give it a real good cleaning and go shoot it. My new Remarms ADL 7mm RM shoot sub moa in a KRG stock. I'd just shoot yours and see how it does.
Yessir, I got it cleaned up without a Dremel. Yes, I knew the factory fired them, but I was thinking it looked like maybe just a little more than a couple rounds through it. The lack of residue forward of the feed ramp (which is relieved, as you said), and the thread compound dust in there were clues that maybe it had NOT been fired since the factory.

I certainly appreciate the info on the 5R. I wouldn't have figured that out probably. And thanks for confirming the dimension of the mag well.

I just need to get brass in now. Thought I had some SRP coming from Hammer, but when I got the confirmation it had shipped, I somehow had 6.5 Creedmoor in the cart. I double checked my order and it was 6.5 Creed I actually ordered. Had both in the cart at one time. Evidently took out the wrong one in haste. I went back in to reorder and the SRP 243s weren't even listed on the site, so I have no idea what happened with that order. I've ordered Peterson LRP from Creedmoor Sports over here close to me. They usually ship fast. They aren't far from AG Composites.

Now what scope? Lol.

Also need brake recommendations. Don't really want to disassemble the rifle to have my gunsmith install one to match the .740" contour. Don't really need it for a .243, but since it's there, might as well use it. Any idea who might make one for that contour in 6mm (without going to a 'one-size-fits-all' 6.5mm)? I'm finding some 6mms, but they are an inch or more in diameter. I don't care if it's a radial brake or baffle. Are there any out there that will machine them to spec?