Ramshot Grand

can you post some data? barrel length? what did grand produce for results? Just because it did not give the results in a long throated 270 win with a limited case capacity to bore diameter and a slippery projectile does not necessarily mean it won't be a great powder for a more over bore cartridge with a heavy projectile.
Never said it wouldn't work fine in different cartridge. I can only report how it did my specific rifle nor did I infer it wouldn't work fine in different cartridge.

It did not provide the results hoping for in a .270 Win with 27", 5R, 1:8tw, 0.290 freebore, 3.67" max magazine COAL capacity, which does provide max performance for most .270Wins. The .270Win case capacity was virtually maxed out in this specific rifle.

I will post up load data for this specific rifle shortly. YMMV

Midway has Grand on sale for $30.00 a pound. Ordered 3# and total was $91 and change. Now the bad part. Shipping $13.99, Hazmat $23.99, $9.00 sales tax. Order went from $91 to $127 really gets my motor running when I get a Shipping and a Hazmat charge and then sales tax that exceeds the price of 1 pound of the powder. But even at that its cheaper than the Big Stores in OKC.

can you post some data? barrel length? what did grand produce for results? Just because it did not give the results in a long throated 270 win with a limited case capacity to bore diameter and a slippery projectile does not necessarily mean it won't be a great powder for a more over bore cartridge with a heavy projectile.
Here is my Barrett MRAD, it's got the .300 Win Mag barrel on it. Shooting at 100 yards was a 1 3/4 inch group with Winchester brass, federal 210's, 75.7 gr of Ramshot Grand, 220 gr ELD-X bullets seated to 3.340
I did not bring my chrono out, I can take a pic of the target, I keep them all for testing and evaluation. With the 230 A-Tips at 1,000 to a mile, H-4831 powder, it's awesome. I just can't get the Ramshot Grand to group good. It's a 1:10 twist barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 12
Midway has Grand on sale for $30.00 a pound. Ordered 3# and total was $91 and change. Now the bad part. Shipping $13.99, Hazmat $23.99, $9.00 sales tax. Order went from $91 to $127 really gets my motor running when I get a Shipping and a Hazmat charge and then sales tax that exceeds the price of 1 pound of the powder. But even at that its cheaper than the Big Stores in OKC.
Yep! I could not resist and ordered 4 one-pounders for $160 shipped. That's $40/pound, which is $15 cheaper than the average price of most powders in my LGS.