POLL - Best do all camo for all hunting

What is your preferred do-all camo pattern for all types of hunting in the US?

• Mossy Oak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASAT

• Sitka

• First Lite

• Kuiu

• Realtree

• Predator

• Military Digital (MARPAT, etc?)

• Flannel and blue jeans

• Total voters
Bernard, where do you find advantage? I would love to find some of that.
im not sure they make it anymore
the max4 variant was more popular for wetland hunters
seems like they always want to change patterns, to make a new thing and to trigger more sales. like drug companies
then they discontinue the cheaper tried and true old stuff

IMG_4535.jpeg

This was my camo for deer this past season.😂
IMG_4603.jpeg

And guess what…it worked😂😂😂

In the early 90's, was winter bow hunting in the Wasatch outside of Salt Lake. There was some good snow scattered around. I was setting on a bolder, on the side of a hiking trail, wearing one of those old white military ponchos. They are like a big sheet with a hood. I looked like a blob of snow to a hiker about 5 yards away, who didn't see me until I turned my head to look at him.

I have a very simple approach to what i wear when hunting. If its hot outside it has to help keep me cool. If it is cold it has to keep me warm. and if it is wet outside it has to keep me dry. i have so much mixed and matched camo its not even funny.

it wasn't the flashy look and marketing of KUIU and Sitka that got me hooked… it was the fact that you get to be comfy running around essentially in pajamas haha. Got tired of the elders running around in 20lbs of gear that quickly turned into 40lbs after a moderate rain which then turned the wall tent into a wet and stinky man scent humidifier fueled by enough tube meats and gas station lamp food sweat that could make a Labrador cry. Core childhood memories lol

That said- big fan of their solids given the price point of the gear, and ability to wear it out on the town all 4 seasons and get away with taking the Mrs out to a nice dinner in it lol

The best this is scent free and don't move. Most animals sight is tuned in for movement.
"Hunters" have hunted stalked game for thousands of years with no camo.
If you are going to wear a camo try to may it as close as the environment that you are hunting in.

Different era military utility uniforms.

20220809_120433.jpg
20220708_154413.jpg
IMG_20110101_113347.jpg

I'm a big fan of camo that isn't a picture of "hardwoods" or "prairie" printed on a shirt. First lite has been good to me lately, their camo makes sense for where I hunt and their clothing actually fits. I'm 6'4" 250 and it's extremely hard to find stuff in an xl that actually has an athletic fit and not made for potbellied midgets. First lite fits that bill for me.

I'm a big fan of camo that isn't a picture of "hardwoods" or "prairie" printed on a shirt. First lite has been good to me lately, their camo makes sense for where I hunt and their clothing actually fits. I'm 6'4" 250 and it's extremely hard to find stuff in an xl that actually has an athletic fit and not made for potbellied midgets. First lite fits that bill for me.

"potbellied midgets" ouch, dang, that hurts..

I primarily now hunt and feel like camo is a nice thing for humans but not important to the hunt. If I am overly serious about a hunt, specifically bow hunting predators, I will ghillie up. Otherwise, camo looks nice hunting, solid earth tones work, and I'm slowly changing out my gear to solids or combos.

I've got seven digital military complete outfits a couple field army jackets in camo of different types I have a few camo pants, shirts, short and long sleeve and 3 different jackets most all but 1 jacket and the digital outfits came from garage sales or goodwill if its warm dry and fits good that all I need but I have thought of a ghillie suit like I had in the service maybe later I might get one. plus I have worn a complete kaki outfit head to toe and a kaki Australian hat that turned up on one side was very relaxing outfit every outfit I wore I still got my game .My grandfather and dad wore a plaid shirt and blue jean overalls came back with deer, turkey's hogs squirls and rabbits that worked for them.

Ride the side by side to the stand really don't need camo but it's an old habit.😊 Real old!

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    790.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 10