POLL - Best do all camo for all hunting

What is your preferred do-all camo pattern for all types of hunting in the US?

• Mossy Oak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASAT

• Sitka

• First Lite

• Kuiu

• Realtree

• Predator

• Military Digital (MARPAT, etc?)

• Flannel and blue jeans

• Total voters
Blue jeans and a Carhartt, topped off in blaze orange.

Attachments

• 20240212_092519.jpg
    20240212_092519.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 40
I used to be into the whole camo thing…trying to be as stealthy as possible. Did that through my first year of guiding…always had on camo. But after watching some of the senior guides kill everything they chased without camo, it made me really rethink the whole concept of camo. After that first year, alibi they were making fun of my full camo the whole first year, I went with solid colors all around. Never once have I felt like I was caught by animals because I wasn't wearing camo. Now I just wear high quality solid color clothing. Whether it is here in Alaska chasing large critters, or back in Pennsylvania hunting the archery rut, you will find me in mostly solids. Keep your movements slow, and the wind in your favor, and you can kill anything on earth naked if want to.

Jeremy

I am mostly a solid camo guy, unless I am hunting archery or Muzz where I may need to get closer. Then I will wear a camo top.
I use a variety of camo brands, I dont use their "systems". I think by mixing and matching pieces of gear to your specific hunt, physical output, and fitness level is the way to go rather than trying to wear all "Brand X" camo because you have to "match".

My main go to brand is Kuiu with some First lite, Sitka, Under Armour, LL Bean, and Filson mixed in.

Camo doesn't matter when hunting big game. Maybe waterfowl, but even then building a good hide and staying still is the more important thing. I wear a lot of solids.

A guy walks into a tackle store and asks, " which lure works best?"
The guy behind the counter points to the cheap lure rack and says, "Well these will catch fish," and pointing to the expensive rack, "and those will catch fishermen. "
Pretty much my take on camo.
While i don't disagree that lures catch fish and expensive ones catch fishermen. There's a big difference between wearing cotton Walmart camo and something like Sitka, First Lite, etc when you're spending days in it at a time miles away from the truck or trailhead and living out of a backpack. You would never catch me wearing cotton in that situation.

I buy mostly solids now. I get more use out of them that way. But if i was to pic a pattern it would be kuiu vias or valo hands down

In the sub alpine Ive had the old gray ghost pick me out in camo at 500 yrds when I was full came trying to sneak

In the sub alpine Ive had the old gray ghost pick me out in camo at 500 yrds when I was full came trying to sneak
I'm certain the only way they won't see you is if you don't move. The camo you use has nothing to do with that.

My boys use Kuiu, I use Sitka. It seems like the popular trend to badmouth both brands for reasons of cost or too much camo being worn in public.

I like Sitka for 2 reasons, I do feel the pattern does help with concealment, but I don't really care, because the quality of Sitka garments is better than the other cheap brands and the performance of the clothing is what I like the most. Fit, feel and durability is the best thing about Sitka, so I use Sitka camo throughout hunting season and I use their solids the rest of the year.

The first picture is my 2 boys in Ponderosa trees in Kuiu camo, and it does help conceal quite well…

thumbnail_IMG_3024 (1).jpeg
IMG_9376.jpeg

Absolutely. It's a fashion show after all.

In all seriousness…I wear fancy camo because I've gotten good deals on it. I DO NOT pay full price on it. You shouldn't either.

If you hunt archery as well, it's a must.

I really like the athletic cut of the new camo. Plus, It's light, but warm.
Camo clothing helps hunters communicate to other hunters what kind of hunting they are into without having to ask. 🤣 honestly for the most part camo patterns aren't a big advantage over solid earth tones. Using cover to mask your movements is more important. I think when you are calling animals to you and you're stationary it becomes more important ( elk, turkey, especially ducks) I don't have a favorite pattern I just try to use something with the right colors for the area and weather. The first year I hunted out west I had a backpack that was real tree sage brush camo that I set down in a meadow to stalk a bedded buck up an aspen draw. It took me about 45 minutes to find my pack when I was done with my sneak 🤣. Works on my eyes.

It took me about 45 minutes to find my pack when I was done with my sneak 🤣. Works on my eyes.
Im horrible with camo gloves. I take them off to field dress and end up digging through the gut pile or walking around for a half hour looking for them when I'm done. Don't even get me started on my knife and bone saw, either!