One Clean Rifle šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

Thoughts on the trijicon? Is that the 3-18x44?

@Huntnful
It's a legit scope for hunting. Not the best for shooting paper, but it's been great to hunt behind. Good glass, good FFP reticle, good durability. I can't really find anything that I dislike about it honestly. Turret is pretty mushy though. For just straight up killing stuff without the fluff, it's legit.

It's a legit scope for hunting. Not the best for shooting paper, but it's been great to hunt behind. Good glass, good FFP reticle, good durability. I can't really find anything that I dislike about it honestly. Turret is pretty mushy though. For just straight up killing stuff without the fluff, it's legit.
Waiting on my 300 nmi and trying to scope it. What don't you like about it for poking paper?

Waiting on my 300 nmi and trying to scope it. What don't you like about it for poking paper?
It's just got a thicker reticle than most Mil FFP scopes. Which is why I wanted it. For hunting.

But it isn't as precise from shooting paper with a finer reticle. But I still manage a couple decent 300 yard groups, so it's definitely good enough.

Basically throughout the season and testing scopes and shooting a **** near benchrest weight rifle trying to shoot the smallest groups possible. I came to the conclusion that I'm just a hunter that likes to kill things lol. It's nice having a tack driving rifle and $4000 optics and all that stuff. But it doesn't really matter much when it straight comes down to killing stuff in all reality.

You need to be able to see the animal, see the reticle, have a scope you can depend on and a rifle that's shoots well enough to kill at your max range. And then just practice a bunch. And you can miss a wind call by 2 MPH at 1000 yards and make a **** shot lol.

It's just got a thicker reticle than most Mil FFP scopes. Which is why I wanted it. For hunting.

But it isn't as precise from shooting paper with a finer reticle. But I still manage a couple decent 300 yard groups, so it's definitely good enough.

Basically throughout the season and testing scopes and shooting a **** near benchrest weight rifle trying to shoot the smallest groups possible. I came to the conclusion that I'm just a hunter that likes to kill things lol. It's nice having a tack driving rifle and $4000 optics and all that stuff. But it doesn't really matter much when it straight comes down to killing stuff in all reality.

You need to be able to see the animal, see the reticle, have a scope you can depend on and a rifle that's shoots well enough to kill at your max range. And then just practice a bunch. And you can miss a wind call by 2 MPH at 1000 yards and make a **** shot lol.
As soon as I switched my mentality to this I was a lot happier! Paper groups are cool, but I get them close then go practice at extended ranges. If I can consistently hit a kill box size target on an animal on any given day at a certain range then I'm good to go. I'll still group to see the potential of a load in as calm of conditions as I can. But I gain more from real world testing and discovering my limits for hunting.

Here's some charges that I've found with different bullets and powders since having and loading for three 300 NMI's. All with CCI 250's. These are shootable charge weights. Not max charge weights.

215 Berger
92-94gr. N570
88-89gr. H1000
90-92gr. Retumbo

208 ELDM. Exactly the same as 215 Berger

230 Berger.
90-92gr. N570
85-86gr. H1000
86-88gr. Retumbo

225 ELDM is basically the same at 230 Berger. Maybe .5gr. less on everything.
I bet those are scooting being light bullets

1. BEAUTIFUL rifle but he left off the "spinners". JK, I got soul too.
2. You are a bad man to shoot 15 shots from that cannon in one sitting.
3. When you order the next barrel, go ahead and order the Nightforce NX8 4-32X50. SFP !!!
4. Go kill chit!!!!

3. When you order the next barrel, go ahead and order the Nightforce NX8 4-32X50. SFP !!!
4. Go kill chit!!!!
A properly setup rifle in this caliber is a joy to shoot, I can easily do 15+ in mine and not even notice it!

4. Go kill chit!!!!
I shot 41 shots lol. But with a decent base weight and good muzzle brake, it's no big deal to shoot that many rounds honestly.

Yeah the NX8 is nice for sure!