One Clean Rifle 🙌🏼

You save a ton of components with first rounds like that. I hope you don't get too bored not having to do a lot of load development. Although, I bet you test other loads for the fun of it.
I definitely get bored and end up testing all kinds of stuff. Got so bored today after shooting that .3 group that I set up another rifle build with @Barehandlineman11 hahaha. Lighter weight 6 PRC in the works.

But I did load a few more of the 208's to actually zero the rifle and go to more long range stuff. Just finished forming my brass also.

How many pieces of brass do you like to have fire formed on hand? Just wondering how much should I start buying 🤣
I formed 150 last time.

But I don't plan to spend too much time with this barrel, so I only formed 75. It seems like plenty of pieces though honestly.

You bet!

It takes two shots to fully form it. So dont do crazy pressure tests and stuff on the once fired. It won't be that accurate. Just shoot some medium charges while doing your testing and push the brass the rest of the way out.
Ok, so shoot twice a middle of the road load before playing around with load development. Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I might need to chamber two barrels 🤣

You bet!

It takes two shots to fully form it. So dont do crazy pressure tests and stuff on the once fired. It won't be that accurate. Just shoot some medium charges while doing your testing and push the brass the rest of the way out.
I use a max book load for the parent case….after the initial firing they are formed enough for the sizing die to work

Accuracy is normally 1/2moa or better with forming loads.

I don't see the need to form twice before starting load work.

Ok, so shoot twice a middle of the road load before playing around with load development. Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I might need to chamber two barrels 🤣
Haha I mean you can shoot it like normal. But if you're messing around up near max pressure, it could likely be over pressure on the 3rd firing. I stay a little under for that reason.

I use a max book load for the parent case….after the initial firing they are formed enough for the sizing die to work

Accuracy is normally 1/2moa or better with forming loads.

I don't see the need to form twice before starting load work.
Yeah I didn't necessarily mean it that way. I mean I would consider that recent 300 yard test load solid for hunting anywhere. But it could speed up a little after that firing.

My forming loads only blew the case web out to .584 and the second firing took it to .586.