Nosler 64 grain

Stadoc

I just picked up a bunch of these nosler 64 grainers and was wondering if anyone has any load data for these for a bolt action 223 20 in barrel 1:9.
Thanks

Straight out of the Nosler #9 Book, be aware that the data is using Nosler brass
20240929_161428.jpg

I have messed with those 64gr. Nosler BSB's for a while and haven't really had any great luck. They are known to be a bit difficult but I really want to find a decent load myself as well. Let me know how they work out for you, thanks. Primarily want to run these in my 20 inch AR.

Last edited:

I just picked up a bunch of these nosler 64 grainers and was wondering if anyone has any load data for these for a bolt action 223 20 in barrel 1:9.
Thanks
My favorite load for them is 25.5gr CFE223, c.o.a.l. 2.260", and I use ASC magazines which have plenty of room for that OAL.

Ed

My favorite load for them is 25.5gr CFE223, c.o.a.l. 2.260", and I use ASC magazines which have plenty of room for that OAL.

Ed
Nice thanks for the info. I definitely have some CFE-223. Do you recall what Primer you happened to use? I have regular and some magnums as well. Also have various magazines to choose from.

I have messed with those 64gr. Nosler BSB's for a while and haven't really had any great luck. They are known to be a bit difficult but I really want to find a decent load myself as well. Let me know how they work out for you, thanks. Primarily want to run these in my 20 inch AR.
I'm going to start tinkering with then, I will let you know. Trying to see if I can get around to it this weekend

Allient 2000-MR is the best for 62 through my self imposed limit of 75 grains for the small size of 223 cases. It gives you another 100 fps over CFE 223. Another top powder is Leverrevolution and use the same tables as CFE223. I generally use only remington match primers for consistancy. Mixed brass will give you mixed results.

The beauty of powders that can get the highest FPS is that you can download and bring in accuracy and be very easy on the equipment.

I shoot lots of rounds so I buy bulk bullets like the RMR 69 gr. by the 1000's