6.5 140 Grain Nosler Partitions

Have used the 140 partitions in my 264 Win Mag for decades, 26" bbl, 3000 fps, couldn't ask for better results, stays together better at short ranges but have moved to Accubonds. But both still tend to punch through at almost any range. Like the Accubonds at over 400 yds, but would use partitions anytime on anything.

Last edited:
I have been loading them for my Wife's 6.5x55 and her 6.5CM for years. Even though some think the NP is not accurate and some of the older ones weren't, the 140 has proven very accurate for us. She has harvested 2 Elk and several Deer with that bullet and the performance was excellent. She limits herself to 300 yds. so the BC is a non issue.

Just shoot them and be happy. If they shoot halfway accurately in your rifle they will not let you down. I've taken truckloads of critters taken with a 300 Roy 200 partition and a nice Dall sheep with a 6.5 JDJ 125 partition. Partitions are deadly on critters.

Of course this is at 6.5x55 velocities. If you can push this bullet faster with a prc or a creedmoor with R26( ~2900) should be outstanding at 500 yds and in. Of course finding them may be a challenge.
lol you won't reach faster speeds in a Creedmoor than a (modern) Swede. There's more case capacity in the Swede therefore faster velocities about 100-150 fps.