My thoughts on solid copper bullets and in comparison to other bullet types.

And you would be incorrect in that assumption, it’s actually the exact opposite but i apologize that’s that’s the way you see it
@ButterBean, you have always treated me right, so I owe you a reply
I have been loading for about 36 years, but I have learned more in the las 3 years, from sites like this, and you, Alex Wheeler, Mark Gordon, @FEENIX Mike, just to name a few, than I learn in my first 33 years.
I have not criticized any mono, because I never hunted with any. I have one rifle set up with Barnes TSX and its my best on paper, never taken it hunting.
I have only criticized Hornady Ammo because I and my friends had bad luck with it, from 22-250, 300 AAC to 300WBY
Your friend, for the last 6-7 months has resulted to personal attacks and trying to make everything personal. If you can't argue on the merits, attack the person. Typical bully behavior. We can search the history and show you. I finaly made him the very first person on my ignore list. If he has something to say, I don't want to hear it.
The sad thing is, quiet a few times I saw you tag along. I get it, he is your buddy, but I disagree
Don't take me word for it, just listen to all the others that are still independent observers.
Yesterday you offered bullets to @Petey308 . He has no axe to grind with anyone. When I asked him privately for a bullet to hunt for me, he didnt name a brand or type, but guidelines how to choose one. He does not play favorites.
Now here is the kicker.
Once Petey308 accepted to evaluate the bullets, you followed by "you have to follow my load development". Thats not kosher. I know, every maker, especially monos, have certain recomendations, but go look how it sounded.
Then your buddy proceeded to pre-emptively make it personal, criticize Petey's abilities, before he even received the bullets. Yep, I read one reply from the ignored ones, and decided I made the right decision.
Most of us are passionate about things. Some of us, are still open minded. I can not tell your friend how to run his business. I just call it how I see it. I know longer care to hear what he has to say, and what I see is he is loosing potential clients with every personal attack he starts.
Right or wrong, that is what I have seen since about January.
Cheers...good shooting...enjoy the weekend

Last edited:
There is no substitute for animal testing! I want to make a bumper sticker to that effect. I think we can all agree with that. Lol

That would be a great bumper sticker, stick them on your site and they'll get scarfed up:)

Side note, when I can't get to the hills to do bullet testing I hit the fridge and grab some of honey dew melons and hit the range. ****es my wife off...snork

Thankfully I have the field of dreams (big pasture chalk full of chucks) to do some testing with as well.

This thread has degenerated into 14 year old girls itch slapping each other on Instagram, FB and TicTok.

How about we continue discussion with as decorum of men?
As it should be; Amen to that, Brother Craig. I do not think that is too much to ask. I hope that from here on forward, we have a civil/respectful discussion for those willing and able to learn and share information and experiences.

@ButterBean, you have always treated me right, so I owe you a reply
I have been loading for about 36 years, but I have learned more in the las 3 years, from sites like this, and you, Alex Wheeler, Mark Gordon, @FEENIX Mike, just to name a few, than I learn in my first 33 years.
I have not criticized any mono, because I never hunted with any. I have one rifle set up with Barnes TSX and its my best on paper, never taken it hunting.
I have only criticized Hornady Ammo because I and my friends had bad luck with it, from 22-250, 300 AAC to 300WBY
Your friend, for the last 6-7 months has resulted to personal attacks and trying to make everything personal. If you can't argue on the merits, attack the person. Typical bully behavior. We can search the history and show you. I finaly made him the very first person on my ignore list. If he has something to say, I don't want to hear it.
The sad thing is, quiet a few times I saw you tag along. I get it, he is your buddy, but I disagree
Don't take me word for it, just listen to all the others that are still independent observers.
Yesterday you offered bullets to @Petey308 . He has no axe to grind with anyone. When I asked him privately for a bullet to hunt for me, he didnt name a brand or type, but guidelines how to choose one. He does not play favorites.
Now here is the kicker.
Once Petey308 accepted to evaluate the bullets, you followed by "you have to follow my load development". Thats not kosher. I know, every maker, especially monos, have certain recomendations, but go look how it sounded.
Then your buddy proceeded to pre-emptively make it personal, criticize Petey's abilities, before he even received the bullets. Yep, I read one reply from the ignored ones, and decided I made the right decision.
Most of us are passionate about things. Some of us, are still open minded. I can not tell your friend how to run his business. I just call it how I see it. I know longer care to hear what he has to say, and what I see is he is loosing potential clients with every personal attack he starts.
Right or wrong, that is what I have seen since about January.
Cheers...good shooting...enjoy the weekend
Bud I meant no offense when I replied to you so if it looked that way I apologize, in my first offer to Petey I stated I would walk him through the loading process for Hammers but I guess I should have made it more transparent for everyone so one again all apologies

Bud we can talk all day, so I'll make you this offer, tell me what caliber and what you are going to do with it, let me pick the bullet (I'll pay for them and send them to you)and the powder, call me and let me walk you though the loading procedure, I trust you will follow my instructions as I will not lead you astray then go kill something and see for yourself, it's Easy Peasy

Once again I meant no disrespect towards you at all

Bud I meant no offense when I replied to you so if it looked that way I apologize, in my first offer to Petey I stated I would walk him through the loading process for Hammers but I guess I should have made it more transparent for everyone so one again all apologies

Bud we can talk all day, so I'll make you this offer, tell me what caliber and what you are going to do with it, let me pick the bullet (I'll pay for them and send them to you)and the powder, call me and let me walk you though the loading procedure, I trust you will follow my instructions as I will not lead you astray then go kill something and see for yourself, it's Easy Peasy

Once again I meant no disrespect towards you at all
@ButterBean like I said I learned from you, and hope to learn more...