Medical Billing Errors - WTHELLO

Correct and to expand on that. Where is the money gonna come from? The Nordic countries system is not even sustainable and they have incredible tax rates. Most like Canada barely spend anything on defense because they know big brother USA is gonna save them.
Insurance works just fine if the government gets out of the way.
So does health care.
Yet they spend less money than we do on healthcare per capita and their systems are rated far higher than ours and they are happier with their healthcare than we are.

Insurance would not be fine if the government got out of the way, Apparently, you don't remember the old HMO's. You could go in to see a doctor with the flu and they would reject your claim for pre-existing condition. You can't make healthcare all about profit when letting people die is cheaper than saving their lives..

Well again why has nobody told me how it is ok for you to steal money from me to pay for someone else’s healthcare.
I have bought my own healthcare since I was 21, Why because I am responsible. I work a labor job most my adult life and could afford it.
While my friends were out buying toys and eating out I was not. Now by force of government I also have to pay for them.
You just have not gotten sick enough yet. Its coming. Its coming for all of us.

You just have not gotten sick enough yet. Its coming. Its coming for all of us.
Sure I haven’t I’ve had some very extensive surgery. Very very extensive. So I’d be willing to bet more than most.
Second really doesn’t matter what give you moral authority to take my money to pay for someone else’s.
Juts because you make it government funded does not make it cheaper. Are they gonna force doctors to work for free?
How about you? Will you go to work if someone tells you you only get paid 50 a day because they NEED it?

Also this, you are making the argument that he always been made point at something socialized and say look it work?
Then 20 years later when it’s sucked the system of its money you change to the latest new one trying it.
Juts keep shifting the goal.
Most countries even stated they can’t keep it up. Even though most fund it through some type of oil based or natural resources.

Sure I haven’t I’ve had some very extensive surgery. Very very extensive. So I’d be willing to bet more than most.
Second really doesn’t matter what give you moral authority to take my money to pay for someone else’s.
Juts because you make it government funded does not make it cheaper. Are they gonna force doctors to work for free?
How about you? Will you go to work if someone tells you you only get paid 50 a day because they NEED it?
I have a friend who had heart surgery and ended up in the ICU for a month. His bills exceeded $2 million, How much were your surgeries? Would you just write a check if that happened to you?

Doctors aren't poor in countries that have better healthcare systems than we do. They are all still wealthy. The whole argument that people won't become doctors because they won't be millionaires has be debunked.

Ok again no mine were not 2 mill but I also made 25k a year. I bought my own catastrophic insurance that would ah e covered that. I’ll take care of the little stuff up to 5-10k on payment plans if needed and over that insurance covered it. Worked fine. Burden yep but better than owing 2mil.
Again what right does he have to use the government to force me to pay for his surgery?
Zero.
Insurance like that is not sustainable at any long term level without serous reduction I. Care or rationing.
You can buy into faith based health care still for much less that is nothing more than a group of people sharing cost. If that’s what you want perfect. But you simple can’t take enough money to pay for it for everyone. Especially in a country where we have the freedom to eat like crap, ballon up to 400 lbs and die of a stroke if we do please.
Or the government tests it like covid and starts saying since we pay for your care you can’t eat bacon anymore it’s to save you.

Here is an article you probably would not be too fond of
Of course you would save money if we were all paid Medicare rates.
But you'd then see offices opt out of government insurance, and you would have to private pay with balance billing.

But you'd then see offices opt out of government insurance, and you would have to private pay with balance billing.
Or like they take our money by force they will take your service by force.
We all want everyone to be able to get great health care no debate about that. But I’ve never heard a good argument on the government doing it.
They all fall apart or use the threat of force to steal money or services form an individual.
Neither are good ideas. Neither ever works on any real timetable.

If you read into the article, it says that people on medicare have an easier time finding doctors than people on private insurance. I assume that is because the network is bigger.

If you read into the article, it says that people on medicare have an easier time finding doctors than people on private insurance. I assume that is because the network is bigger.
Not entirely true depending upon the care needed. I had dislocated jaw that Medicare first said wasn't covered since they interpreted it to be "dental" then after I paid thru my cheeks to get it resolved, it was then determined it was covered. But at a doctor that was 92 miles away. The "helpless" desk for medicare is staffed third party staffed that frankly is clueless. They cost me a ton of money. Recently I had shoulder surgery and the ice therapy machine should have been covered but was denied. I was able to find the specific code that proved it was covered and I finally got reimbursed 8 months after surgery. No explanation of the refund check just shows up exactly what it cost. My experience with medicare after 2 shoulder surgeries is become fluent in coding which isn't hard to do and double check all the codes and approvals. Even had "fight" with ortho clinic on correct coding and won that as well. You just cannot believe the level of incompetence out there on total medical billing management until you audit the work provided. Don't back down if you believe you have correct coding and ratchet it up the food chain to get resolution.

I was told I "didn't understand" the coding until I explained I retired after 40+ years in EHS and Occupational Health for 100B global company for North America and routinely evaluated workers compensation coding with various plant locations. I was also told I was not allowed to have the Medicare coding manual since they don't have one. WTHELLO!!! I explained the Medicare coding manual is readily available to anyone to download off the Medicare website. The Medicare Helpless desk stated they did not know that. WTHELLO!

So you really need to be totally aware you are dealing with Medicare Helpless desk and medical clinic incompetence on a routine basis and I truly believe everyone needs to be their own auditor of every line item relative to validation of coding and payments. Yes, it takes time but you cannot trust the government or the private sector one iota to get it right first time.

That's my ongoing experience in last 5 years.