Medical Billing Errors - WTHELLO

Ok, I was on my wife's medical account to verify a bill and WTH did I find? Prescription claims for drugs she never received nor requested! WTH!! The best part is this IS NOT her prescription plan and only medical. So HTH can they make this claim?

Spoke to pharmacy no nothing, spoke to corporate cust serv and their call tree was another offshore Americanized name that was hard to understand. Realize I have been to 33 countries so I have worked with a lot of dialects. But dangg! It was hard. Partly 8,000 mile phone connection I bet. Got nowhere until I stated this is fraud and a falsified claim. Then asked if they understood the seriousness of this issue? NOW I got his full attention. See where this goes.

I keep telling my extended family to scrutinize their bills line by line PLUS verify on line charges. I cannot believe how often this billing occurs!

So another heads up! Read your bills and verify claims on line. Then be ready to kick somebody's butt!

I am really thinking about documenting my time to correct billing errors and filing claim back at my documented billing rate for Environmental consulting.

I am also thinking about a proposal to my congressional rep that gives back 20% of the billing error as a penalty. Or maybe 50%!

How does that sound?

I wonder how many times we pay a bill that should not have been sent in the first place.
You are exactly right! We just had another bill where I verified they never billed Medicare and when I called, their answer was "well we have to get paid". Dam near lost it. How about doing it correctly?

I fought with Ortho office that ice machine is covered but nooo so I had to pay $320. I even provided the Medicare code and code book reference. About 2 months later I get refund. Why did it take this much effort? Why do I know the coding better than their billing dept only after 15 minutes of research. Seriously, the incompetence is ridiculous!

I am going to draft up a bill to address this 🐂💩. I have truly had it.

Muddy I am sorry you hAve to do this. We also have to continually fight and do their work.

No question it is planned and institutionalized. So frustrating and they do it because there is no repercussions at all for them. The politicians won't touch it because then they won't rake in millions from the lobbyists.
Just more of our more corrupt than a fourth world country being exposed.

This is not limited to medical billing. I've discovered it's in the tv streaming business as well.
Another thing I've started doing is when the call is answered I immediately ask to be connected to someone in the U.S..
Try looking at your power bills same things and people think electric cars are the answer.