Maybe we need a "car geeks & freaks" area.

That is baadaa…… what kind of power is it making? Manual? All oldschool as far as traction and braking?
Giant disk brakes all 4 wheels, Don't know the HP output. But, I could see a roller cam, loping along. Needs to keep the revs up. I don't get out of low gear unless on the expressway.

The seller died complications, health issue and left no info behind. IRS and limited slip. Cambered for road race. Manual 4 speed. No power steering, nor power brakes. You feel everything, it is like being a part of a living being.

Sadly enough many of my cars were acquired when the guy died and would never have sold it, but his estate did.

How about a 1980 GS1100E Suzuki.
Bored to 1260, APE Pro Comp Head,
34 MM Pro Lectron carburetors, slipper clutch. Launch at 9000rpm with a 2 step
Ignition, shift at 10500rpm, with a air shifter, went through the finish line in 5th gear at 11000rpm. 1/4 turn throttle when I staged- full throttle never let off till past the finish line. External starter, mopar starter fed with 24volts. 15.1 compression. 113 VP- Fuel.
Best was 8.96sec. at 153mph.1/4 mile,
5.65sec. At 130mph 1/8th mile.
WOW what a Rush... And by the way for the one of you that know me by Darkside, this is how I got that Nickname. Thanks for looking.
I worked at a small family owned garage in the early 90's. The boss hand a car tire drag bike with a gs1150e engine punched out was running 9.43 at 143 miles an hour. He had put a momentary switch on the clutch handle for a rev limiter ( before they made them commercially) it took him awhile to get it dialed in but worked great.

At the track in San Antonio during bracket racing they put him up against a guy on a moped, ****ed him off, the moped took off he had to wait 16 seconds before he got a green light, he hammered it so hard he passed the moped at the end of the track and broke out of his time but he sucked the moped up with him and the moped broke out bigger than him so he won.

I worked at a small family owned garage in the early 90's. The boss hand a car tire drag bike with a gs1150e engine punched out was running 9.43 at 143 miles an hour. He had put a momentary switch on the clutch handle for a rev limiter ( before they made them commercially) it took him awhile to get it dialed in but worked great.

At the track in San Antonio during bracket racing they put him up against a guy on a moped, ****ed him off, the moped took off he had to wait 16 seconds before he got a green light, he hammered it so hard he passed the moped at the end of the track and broke out of his time but he sucked the moped up with him and the moped broke out bigger than him so he won.
I was invited to a race of Champions race.
At Maplegrove Raceway in Pa.
My home track was a 1/8 mile track.
Fairmont Dragway Wv.
First round pair was Me and Maplegroves champion, I smoked him with a .002 light
He was ****ed. Last round me against a street bike dialed 12. Sec. I had a bad light waiting, I'm dialed 9.00 he beat me by .0002at the finish line. 2nd place Sucks. 🤣🤣🤣
San Antonio, I dragraced boats at Waco Tx. Mid 80s Pro comp.
That was a Rush also.
133mph in water, from a dead stop.
Today they coast to the starting line.
GOOD OLD DAYS.
GETTING OLD SUCKS.

Last edited:
Definitely some fine cars and bikes shown here. It has me reminiscing years gone by. I've always been a speed freak to certain degree. I had a 1969 Pontiac with 428 when I turned 16. I loved that car but it almost killed me. The tree won the battle. I went from that to a 66' VW bug. This took a toll on my man card cred. Modern drive trains and technology are amazing performers, but not pleasing to eye the IMO. I bought a Corvette during my midlife crises period. It was a fun car from going through the Museum delivery till the day I sold it 10 years later.

I'm a truck guy now. The wife has an Infinity G37 that is fastest thing at home now.

My 2000 Hayabusa I saw 210 mph on the speedometer once I had dropped the front sprocket by one tooth to get better launch, by my calculations it was only 196-198 **** almost 200.

I was running in Houston my best time was 10.05 at 143 mph foot shifting it, was trying to get into the 9's before I put an air shifter on it.

But I crashed it really miss that bike.

My 2000 Hayabusa I saw 210 mph on the speedometer once I had dropped the front sprocket by one tooth to get better launch, by my calculations it was only 196-198 **** almost 200.

I was running in Houston my best time was 10.05 at 143 mph foot shifting it, was trying to get into the 9's before I put an air shifter on it.

But I crashed it really miss that bike.
I live in Corsicana in the 80s.

Jimmy Jamming Diesel. I use to pull my car trailers. The Featherlite Aluminum hauled Ricky Rudd's NASCAR Tide. I have his jacket and fire extinguisher.

Attachments

• 1 (Large).JPG
    1 (Large).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 30
  • P1070709 (Large).JPG
    P1070709 (Large).JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3266.JPG
    IMG_3266.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 34
I was invited to a race of Champions race.
At Maplegrove Raceway in Pa.
My home track was a 1/8 mile track.
Fairmont Dragway Wv.
First round pair was Me and Maplegroves champion, I smoked him with a .002 light
He was ****ed. Last round me against a street bike dialed 12. Sec. I had a bad light waiting, I'm dialed 9.00 he beat me by .0002at the finish line. 2nd place Sucks. 🤣🤣🤣
San Antonio, I dragraced boats at Waco Tx. Mid 80s Pro comp.
That was a Rush also.
133mph in water, from a dead stop.
Today they coast to the starting line.
GOOD OLD DAYS.
GETTING OLD SUCKS.
I loved going to Maplegrove. Mason Dixon in Hagerstown Md, 75-80 in Urbana Md, Mount Holley Pa was a 1/8 mile track. I had a few tracks to spend my time at back in the day. When we weren't going to the Dirt tracks for dirt bikes, thunder cars & Sprint cars.
1992 Yamaha Vmax w/out my RC racing carbs w/ velocity stacks on.

Attachments

• Vmax motorcycle.jpg
    Vmax motorcycle.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: