Maybe we need a "car geeks & freaks" area.

Old gear head here. I've had some fairly fast cars and trucks. Loved riding dirt bikes and did some cross country/ harescramble racing. Nowadays I have no hot rods and can't ride motorcycle's do to a issue with my foot.
Still love going to any dirt races. Went to the pro motocross race a few weeks ago and we attend a local 1/2 mile dirt track almost every Friday. Last night was what used to be world of outlaws sprint cars at that track.

Attachments

• 36CDF7F2-A8DB-41DC-94B6-A41E2D3F0C0B.jpeg
    36CDF7F2-A8DB-41DC-94B6-A41E2D3F0C0B.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 30
Old gear head here. I've had some fairly fast cars and trucks. Loved riding dirt bikes and did some cross country/ harescramble racing. Nowadays I have no hot rods and can't ride motorcycle's do to a issue with my foot.
Still love going to any dirt races. Went to the pro motocross race a few weeks ago and we attend a local 1/2 mile dirt track almost every Friday. Last night was what used to be world of outlaws sprint cars at that track.
A friend of mine had a micro, smaller than the big boys but good Lord that thing was a freaking blast to drive, very fast

A friend of mine had a micro, smaller than the big boys but good Lord that thing was a freaking blast to drive, very fast
That would be awesome to drive one of those. They have a driving experience event at the local track every year and you can drive anything from the micro sprint the whole way up to big block sprints. I've not done it yet since it's pretty expensive for a few laps around the 1/2 mile track. Maybe this year! 🤔

That would be awesome to drive one of those. They have a driving experience event at the local track every year and you can drive anything from the micro sprint the whole way up to big block sprints. I've not done it yet since it's pretty expensive for a few laps around the 1/2 mile track. Maybe this year! 🤔
If you get a chance to do it then you should.
When you are standing on it to the point that the front left tire never touches the ground lap after lap it gets your blood pumping

They used to come to a local track but it's closed now. The only other one is too short.

They used to come to a local track but it's closed now. The only other one is too short.
Seems like many tracks have shut down whether it's drag strips, dirt ovals or motocross. I don't think there's much money to be made unless it's a big name venue. Our somewhat local track got new owners a few years ago and they have made numerous upgrades and now the outlaws come twice a year.
We try to support all local businesses and events.

Seems like many tracks have shut down whether it's drag strips, dirt ovals or motocross. I don't think there's much money to be made unless it's a big name venue. Our somewhat local track got new owners a few years ago and they have made numerous upgrades and now the outlaws come twice a year.
We try to support all local businesses and events.
Drag racing locally gets good support. We have a couple of tracks. Dirt track racing has been on the decline.

Can we put motorbikes in this thread too? Here is the custom shovelhead I built View attachment 585774View attachment 585777
That is one cool Shovel!
My current ride is an original 81 Wide Glide. Original except for the foot clutch and side shift I added probably 15 years ago.
Love that bike!
I always wanted a rigid, kick only, foot clutch big inch Shovel to drag race.
Sadly (or maybe smartly) it never happened.