Maybe we need a "car geeks & freaks" area.

I am more inclined to a ZL1 Camaro, really like mine !

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpeg
    IMG_1695.jpeg
    590.7 KB · Views: 44
still around since 1955...but almost unrecognizable these days..
View attachment 585197
Seeing that old Power Glide on the back of that engine almost makes me feel guilty for turning down a rebuild on one yesterday. The shop has been very busy and I just don't have room for one to sit around if it has had part failures, or if the usual bellcrank pivot hole is egg shaped and the rod worn. Things are fast paced these days and turn around time is expected to be short.

Seeing that old Power Glide on the back of that engine almost makes me feel guilty for turning down a rebuild on one yesterday. The shop has been very busy and I just don't have room for one to sit around if it has had part failures, or if the usual bellcrank pivot hole is egg shaped and the rod worn. Things are fast paced these days and turn around time is expected to be short.
I wish I still had my power glides but when I was young I sold them off😞

I'm nostalgic for the old stuff. But man the amount of power the LS motors are capable of with just simple mods or boost is insane. Plus the tuning with the computers is spot on.
You have that right.
The 1970 Camaro that I want to build is a 6.0LSX motor car.
I would love to put a 5.3,6.0,or 6.2 in my 77 3/4 ton 4x4 truck, that would be awesome.

Last edited: