Large rifle primer availability?

I was lucky enough to get 1600 215Ms from Bass PS recently. 12.99 per 100 but I was able to pick up at the store so no hazard or shipping. They have had Winchester 8 1/2s available too, but that was a few weeks ago.

Large pistol primers and small rifle primers are cheaper than large rifle primers by a huge margin. It cost no more to make a large rifle primer than it does to make a large pistol primer. We're being scammed.
Maybe, but the choices you have are pay, don't pay, or start your own primer company and sell them as cheap as you want! 🤣

I just bought 1000 of the Ginex LRP myself. Let me know how they turn out if you try them soon.
I prefer Ginex LR primers now that I have used some.They do fit tight in the primer pocket.I never had arthritis problems but after using a hand primer I do have problems with my hand now.
I had some old R P Brass in 300 win mag that primers did not fit tight anymore but with the Ginex primers they fit very well in the R P brass!
I use them in 300 win mag loads and get with in 10-15 fps as opposed to large rifle mag primers.
I like them!

I prefer Ginex LR primers now that I have used some.They do fit tight in the primer pocket.I never had arthritis problems but after using a hand primer I do have problems with my hand now.
I had some old R P Brass in 300 win mag that primers did not fit tight anymore but with the Ginex primers they fit very well in the R P brass!
I use them in 300 win mag loads and get with in 10-15 fps as opposed to large rifle mag primers.
I like them!
Good to hear. I'll give them a try soon. I've had surgery on both hands. For that reason I bought an RCBS bench mounted priming system and I can say I'd never go back to hand priming.

Good to hear. I'll give them a try soon. I've had surgery on both hands. For that reason I bought an RCBS bench mounted priming system and I can say I'd never go back to hand priming.
Heads up on any tube type primer system. Be aware of potential primer tube chain detonation. I have same RCBS for 35+ years and now just use it as single primer seating tool.

Safety glasses absolute must in reloading.

Last edited:
Heads up on any tube type primer system. Be aware of potential primer chain detonation. I have same RCBS and just use it as single primer seating tool.

Muddy,I wonder if grounding the primer tool will fix that problem?
Edit to add:I need to buy some safety glasses for reloading!Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:
🤷🏻‍♂️ not sure how being cast aluminum. Tubes are aluminum. I have not really seen exact cause. Static? Shock? Bad primer? But static control around bench is really good practice. The more electronics around bench, I think the more we need to be more aware of static control.

Maybe someone can jump in with better explanation?

Muddy,I wonder if grounding the primer tool will fix that problem?
Edit to add:I need to buy some safety glasses for reloading!Thanks for the reminder.
I bought safety glasses with built in readers which eliminated any excuses I had for detail work. You can find them on Amazon. Keep in zip lock to protect clarity of lens.

When I first started reloading which seems like century ago, I had a primer go off using press to seat primers. Never found out why. Scare CRAP out of me! I had cheap crappy safety glasses on and felt "grit" hit them. No idea what but I have never reloaded without since then. An old bench shooter from local club waggled his gnarly finger at me when I was starting to reload and told me in very colorful words: don't be *******, use safety glasses. I wished I could have thanked him but he passed suddenly. This was only time I had a primer go off unintended.

Primers are very unique in how they work. They go bang from induced shock. So knowing that, extra care and protection is required. IMO.