Large rifle primer availability?

I called a wholesale distributor last week in search of another distributor to augment the shops suppliers. He said that he's had a hard time getting LR primers for awhile now due to the war efforts. With that said there are regular postings from some distributors that received LR primers and have them for sale. You just need to be pretty fast on ordering them.

I was lucky .............I thought that I found a Brick at Scheels ,they were Fed 215 Mag. Match, I bought them and went home to load some up...............they were not like the old stand by by any means' they looked just like the CCI250's ,no more purple type of dried paste over the anvil, went out and shot quite a few rounds and extreme spread was as high as 65fps, sold them to a guy that sells to gun shows, and guess I'll be looking to Winchester when they come back on the shelves, Pete

We have them in stock on our website. Yes some brands are hard to get our hands on but I have a list you can get on and I will call you when I get what you are looking for in stock. Our hazmat is a bit pricey but it's what we pay to ship them. We have 210M in stock now. I have a few 215M coming in at the end of the week. You just have to know where to look and be ready to buy when they come up. https://okreloading.com/primers/

We have quite a large amount of Remington magnum large rifle primers… Federal and CCI can be slim pickings but they are around..
I normally post in the classifieds on here in the reloading section when we restock. You may want to keep an eye on there.

I have been looking for months. Placed my email to be notified with a number of large sites and not a peep. There is great availability of small rifle and pistol primers but no large rifle anywhere. Anyone have knowledge of what is going on? with the buy out of Federal I wonder what the future holds for availability and quality going forward.
Fell into a boat load of Winchester Large rifle primers on Facebook Market place , He wants $100 per 1k so my rule of thumb is --When is the best time to by what you want ..... When you see it and I bought 5 boxes of them There in california up by Temecula about 50 miles from my house in San Diego and he still has CASES of them [email protected] is my email Enjoy this beautiful day Alan

Here you go....

Attachments

• ginex primers.png
    ginex primers.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 64
I have posted before about this LGS and it's prices. Even during the shortage they usually had some flavor of primers for sale at the price you see here. I think it was more the LGS than the manufacturers controlling the price. This is in N E Ohio. We are lucky to have them close. Very nice people. They do not ship.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240807_100621_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240807_100621_Drive.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 50
I have 100,000 + of the CCI 34. Had to buy a pallet of 308 brass to get 'em. Been selling them for years, folks seem to like them well enough. Military version similar to the CCI 200, but not the same. Have Federal SRP Match as well as many others. 208-375-8694 10-6 Boise time, Wed-Sat. Best selection of reloading components in pacific NW.

It's not as much the availability I'm concerned with but the price they are asking! BR2s for 17.00/100 is absolutely insane. Winchesters for 110.00- 150.00/ 1000? I'm mean come on. It's insane. I'm glad I've got 8-10,000 of assorted primers. I wouldn't be able to afford to buy them right now