Is Tangent Theta worth the $ over NF?

I'm not a religious man anymore. As a retired medical professional in the military (31yrs Royal Canadian Medical Service) I've been all over the world and have seen to many horrible things to believe a god could allow such things. Perhaps I'll find God again. However, I do believe all matter of which we, and the universe are comprised of are very special. I know that when I'm gone I'll continue to be of this universe. Perhaps the carbon of the best shooting barrel. Liver Ca is beatable or at the least you can extend your life so as to Continue impart wisdom to your community And enjoy 😊 ever day you have remaining. I'll continue to look for your posts, but not like a stocker lol. If we ever get our boarders opened come up here to Canada. We'll grab a beer and lobster and do some LR shooting. All the best
Sorry you had to witness such atrocities while abroad. My guess .. they were done by mankind. Even as a Texan I Thank You for Your Service! I truly hope you find God, He is waiting for your call.. you're right liver cancer is beatable, but I have other health issues from a car wreck right out of high school. Lost my spleen and to many other things to mention. For the Dr.'s it's all about the money 💰 and success rate. You need to be (in a scale 1-10) you need to be 5+ to get a transplant... I'm a 1.7 I'd love to make it to Canada one day but I'm also a realist. Love to share a beer and some lobster & do some shooting, think it would be a hoot! I almost made it up there on a elk hunt... to a place called Rack Ranch, a gent I met at the Dallas Safari Club .. just didn't work out..
thanks for the kind words! Have a Blessed Sunday 😊

In regards to handing down guns and other treasured sporting goods, no one described it better than the late Corey Ford from the Golden Age of outdoor writing, before magazines were just gear reviews and ads. You youngsters here won't even understand what I'm talking about. This has always stuck with me. I too have had cancer (prostate) in the last year but with radiation I'm likely fine. I have given away several rifles, shotguns, fly rods, knives, etc. in the last few years to younger folks who have a love of the sport. Better than having them sold and maybe mistreated. Anyway, here's the link to the story. The actual Lower Forty stories referenced at the beginning of the article will seem a little hokey and corny to the younger folks but harken to a simpler time.

Thanks for passing on the article. Much appreciated!

I'm looking at different scope options for my new build, 25 SST. I'll be using it for hunting and practice out to around 1500 yds. I'm waiting on the XLR and CarbonSix barrel so I have a couple of months to decide. I was going with a NF ATACR, but TT has gotten my attention.

For those who have used both, do you feel the TT is worth almost twice the price of NF? I don't mind paying the premium price, assuming the product is also premium. Thanks for any input.
Well i went with one for a 25sst im building!

@JARHEAD1371 What scope did you ultimately choose?
I ended up getting the NF ATACR 5-25x56 but it is quite heavy for the balance of that rifle. I might build a 28 Sherman Mag for that scope to go on. My 25 SST might be better served with something in the 4-16x50 with 30 mm tube range. I will say the ATACR glass is extremely clear and the clicks are amazingly sturdy.

I ended up getting the NF ATACR 5-25x56 but it is quite heavy for the balance of that rifle. I might build a 28 Sherman Mag for that scope to go on. My 25 SST might be better served with something in the 4-16x50 with 30 mm tube range. I will say the ATACR glass is extremely clear and the clicks are amazingly sturdy.

I had a 5-25x56 ATACR on a match rifle and it was just too big of a scope. Completely threw off the rifle. It's absolutely massive. I sold it and got two bushnell DMRIIs. It's a step down in glass quality for sure, but they are really nice scopes. Nowhere near the top tier scopes we all think of though. Like Kahles, SB, TT, etc…but they work really well for me. Im sure the 4x16 ATACR or an NX8 would compliment the rifle well. Again the NX8 nowhere near the top tier glass discussed in here. Hope it all works out for you and merry Christmas!

I just read all 16 pages WOW. How did it take that long to see KY windbag get banned? He insulted a 17yo girl about a 700+ cold bore shot on a squirrel.
If you have the coin go TT I use the gen 2 xr and can use it at 3.2 for hunting without the illum. (I have it in 3 uso's) For me I find that I can quarter a target and still shoot sub inch groups at 500yds with it however I can also get on target quicker because I can see it also. I'm 57 so I don't have young eyes to use the super fine reticles in a FFP scope.
1640456573839.png
1640456699309.png
1640456737557.png
1640456867995.png

I think all of these were shot with the Gen 2 XR reticle and the 308's used fggm not sure of the load for the 300. These are from the Tac-ops thread on the hide. There are many more 3 shot groups like these his scope of choice unless it has changed is the S&B 5x25PMII. SO if you listened to KY jelly about can't do fine work know where he comes from because he doesn't have enough trigger time to actually know

I'm not a religious man anymore. As a retired medical professional in the military (31yrs Royal Canadian Medical Service) I've been all over the world and have seen to many horrible things to believe a god could allow such things. Perhaps I'll find God again. However, I do believe all matter of which we, and the universe are comprised of are very special. I know that when I'm gone I'll continue to be of this universe. Perhaps the carbon of the best shooting barrel. Liver Ca is beatable or at the least you can extend your life so as to Continue impart wisdom to your community And enjoy 😊 ever day you have remaining. I'll continue to look for your posts, but not like a stocker lol. If we ever get our boarders opened come up here to Canada. We'll grab a beer and lobster and do some LR shooting. All the best
Starlite, understand your confusion why God would allow the atrocities you have experienced...been there, done that. Brought up in fundamental churches, but became jaded by life experiences, as you Finally realized that there is, always has been, always will be Evil, Violence, Mayhem juxaposed from Good. Peace, Love. Man has been given Free Choice from which we must make BIG decisions with our limited understanding, comprehension abilities. Much must be taken by faith. Hebrews 11:1...."Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Have a very technical engineering grounding, but still do not understand everything technical in every field. Always struggle with where is the end of Space, the Cosmos??? Can't grip that there is ever after limitless dimension, and there are more than 4 dimensions we humans can experience. But, that doesn't prevent me from believing/experiencing/enjoying something is/exists merely because my human mind can't understand how/why it works. Same with God and After Life concepts. Can't wrap my head around it completely, but I trust....have faith.... it is there and worth living in this life for it. Evil, the Devil, what ever term desired, preys upon us to generate that confusion, loss of faith, and, I believe, our eternal souls.

There will always be a dialogue whether there is a God, does He care, why He would allow what happens..... The Opposite of God revels in our confusion, dis-belief. For simplification, assume only two diametrically juxtaposed positions......belief in God, AfterLife, Judgment.....No God, No AfterLife (the lights just go out), No Accountability/Judgment. Good/Evil. Black/White. Right/Wrong. One is right; the other wrong. Just because I can't comprehend/explain the total mechanism involved, on which side of the question would one prefer to be wrong???? Best ROI within my comprehension!!! What cost to be on side of God?? What cost on the side of Not-God????
I would point you toward, in addition to the Bible, the following books which I found interesting, inciteful, helpful:

"Life After Life" Raymond A Moody, JR,, M.D.
"Proof of Heaven....A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife" Eben Alexander, M.D.
"23 Minutes in Hell" Bill Wiese
"...One Heartbeat Away" not recalled
:The Case for Christ" Lee Strobel

Merry Christmas, remembering the true reason for the season, and best wishes in regaining your belief, faith. Just we cannot understand, do not believe...does not make it so. It is important....the most important issue we face.....even more so than Long Range Hunting....or maybe IT IS THE ULTIMATE LONG RANGE HUNTING. Just a really, really old "getting closer every day" geezer's ponderings...trusting "Your Mileage DOES NOT VARY." :) :) :)

Last edited:
I might have missed a key point in 16 pages….sorr.

The ATACR looks like a great scope, but I hate scopes over 30oz. I broke my 30 oz rule with the Tract Toric 4-20x. It looks great scope. I hope it justifies the 4 oz foul!

At the risk of being persecuted here, I wonder if the Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x could work for you. While it is no TT or ATACR, I'll bet it is a decent optic capable of any shot!

bagging on that guy and his daughter?!? What a class act. Thanks for the reminder of what class of people post here.The most ignorant are always the loudest.
You're painting with a broad brush aren't you brother? You are posting here too.

Last edited:
I doubt there is a single component in a TT that was not made on a machine, so I don't get the "hand made" claim. As for "very precise . . . great glass and turrets," I would say the same about any NF with ED glass (ATACR, Competition, etc.)

I also don't see any company that charges twice as much as NF does staying in business very long. They certainly aren't twice as good as a NF.
or leopold mk4, 6. 8