In the Ear? Really???

I also have this bridge.............

41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

scrmblr: "I'm impressed with how close you get to the hogs."

scrmblr, you talking about while he's shooting or just normally? There is a world of difference between the two! Back at the beginning of this thread, he said he thought that he had been touched inappropriately by a hog when he was young. What he didn't say was that he liked it! Not only that but he smells a lot like them and talks Pig Latin, so they just think he is just one of the gang!

When he sends me his rifle, I'll check it out, but am willing to bet he dropped it or banged it around and screwed up the zero! Will just have to wait and see!

What have chickens got to do with djones smell?......Oh I re-read it and you said Foul, not Fowl!....my bad, sorry!

djones: shooting a 300 ham'r from wilson combat with 125gr tnt.

So what is the rest of the rest of the setup? Caliber?, Thermal sight or Night Vision Device (NVD)?, suppressor? Since my cheap A** brother didn't get us a good night scope, looks like I'm going to have to get it myself, but not sure which one. Since most of my shooting is in brush country from a elevated blind, and most shots are from less than 100 yards, but there is one spot on the ranch where I could reach out and touch them up to about 250 yards over a wheat field. Also am shooting a .308. Some of the NVD's and Thermals don't seem to like the heavier calibers.

I was leaning towards a Thor 4, but reviews are only giving it a 3 out of 5 and there seems to be some problems with Customer Service! Suggestions? Evaluations? Best buy for the buck?

Since I am only going to be using it semi-annually, don't need absolute top of the line, but something that will work effectively!

Could use some help!

Since I'm asking for help, Will pick the brains of some of you old timers!

My M-14 in the Army had a 90 degree mirror that I could put in the breech, lock it into the chamber, and sight down the barrel for cleaning, bore sighting, etc., since you can't see through the barrel by removing the bolt. It looked like a 90 degree copper pipe fitting, painted black. By moving it towards the rear, could see the chamber to inspect for clean. This was a favorite tool of Drill Sergeants for inspecting a rifle. And, this was in the days before Laser bore sights. Yeah, that far back!

Since I shoot mainly a M1A which is a civilian version of the M-14, i have been trying to locate one of these mirrors for several years. Either I have the name on it wrong, or something. Can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? Have tried all the major gun parts suppliers and unless I'm just not calling it the right name, no luck. Have tried about 10 different variations on the name.

Thoughts?

FC6EE190-5306-4F06-9226-28E3EC529C0A.png Pack,

I'd stay away from ATN. They have some decent products ( I LOVE my thermal clip-on) but their service leaves a LOT to be desired.

I'd take a look at the Pulsar line. Their picture-in-picture feature is pretty sweet! Double Naught Spy has made some videos using one of them and if I get another thermal, it will be a Pulsar.

Is this what you were looking for?

View attachment 119731

I also found on of these:

Scrmblr,
This is exactly what I was looking for! Will go in and track it down! Wish the picture was bigger so I could read the box, but will see it on the site! Guess i was using the wrong terminology! Thanks,
Will also go take a look at the Pulsar! Have been thinking that a thermal would make sight acquisition much easier and faster.
Thanks again,

Thanks to Scrmblr, I found out the correct name of the little doohickey I've been looking for! It's called a Barrel Reflector! These things were very common back when, but the only ones I can find now are made of plastic OR are in .50 CAL. Am looking for one in .30 Cal. and metal! Doesn't have to be brass like some of them, as long as the mirror is still in place and in good shape!

OK, on to important stuff. As some of you know, Packrat Enterprises used too carry a full line of various clothing, and other odds and ends. Since I never got caught by the LRH staff, am going to start it up again! My first offering is going to be to have your picture with your favorite kill photo as one of the months in the new and updated version of the Packrat calendar. Just think, you can have your picture displayed prominently by all the calendar owners and for one month you will be immortalized. Now I know you are thinking that its going to be expensive but NO! The price will be.....hmmm, $3199.00 for the thermal scope, $42.00 shipping divided by 12 = ONLY $271.00 plus handling.

Wow, a chance to be immortalized for only $271.00? I can tell now that I'm going to be mobbed with this offer! So, you had better hurry! First couple of orders get to pick your month! Later on, like next week, with the deluge of orders I expect, you'll have to take what's left!

Dinners on, may be back later,

Last edited:
rat sac,

the 300 ham'r is a 30 cal. just got a labradar and checked my 125 tnt loads yesterday... averaged over 2,700 fps. not bad for ar15 case. the 1:15 twist has a bit to do with the velocity. my load is a bit over max, so don't try that at home.

came with slr adj gas block. my mods are xlr stock, tbeast ultra suppressor, geissele ssa-e trigger, tbr brass catcher (don't tell double nutt spy. i called his a man purse), trijicon mk3 60mm scope, mini dvr in pouch attached to stock to record, 30 round pmags or lancer and some kind of adjustable nylon sling. don't remember if i have a different spring and/or buffer. that should pretty much sum it up.

now... about your money laundering scheme disguised as an online clothing business... remember you DO NOT have my permission to use any of my kill pix with your cheap iron-on graphix scams. you'd be bedder off starting a gofundme page. i would donate just to get you to go away!

rat sac,
now... about your money laundering scheme disguised as an online clothing business... remember you DO NOT have my permission to use any of my kill pix with your cheap iron-on graphix scams. you'd be bedder off starting a gofundme page. i would donate just to get you to go away!

tsk,tsk,tsk...Obviosly you didn't read the post so go down to the local pub, take your computer or tablet and have someone read it to you! My endeavors have always been of the first order, and since you didn't order anything in my clothing line, but did, invoke a copyright infringement with your Packrat hats, how would you know the quality of my products? The only one you've seen in person was one you made yourself!

As far as you donating to a go fund me page, the last check you wrote bounced higher than a super ball on steroids! Heck, it's still on it's way up! An editor I know has asked me if I'd start doing a weekly column again, but I had to ask him if he believed in the barter system. Like maybe I would do the column for a month, in barter for the Thermal sight I want. Can't take cash, cause the IRS is watching me closer than a Teenage boy at a teenage girls window at 8 PM. He said no! Darn, Shucks, gosh and a few other superlatives in accordance with our new "Keep it clean" policy!

Will go for now.
Got some stuff to do before Bed!

Last edited:
djones
I've come to the conclusion that talking to you is very similar to trying to pass gas while suffering from Diarrhea! No matter what, sooner or later there is going to be a mess!

Just for the record, since you mentioned my clothing line, I did upgrade my Tee Shirt line, with the very difficult White on White camouflage pattern and decided to make you famous. Packrat tee shirts.jpg I'm sure the younger hunters will love them.

Will check back later, after you've gotten over your hangover and see if you're going to respond!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.