In the Ear? Really???

Not sure he was talking to me but I'm sure I did something wrong at some point. Lol

Snox, not sure he was talking to any one of us, he said "Guys". I'm sure that it includes all of us at some point in time and particularly djones with his tasteless pictures, as much as he would like to slide by. I think that picture he posted with Coy Franks in costume, is kind of radical tasteless, since djones didn't wear a mask too, and is uglier than the South end of a Northbound mule!

I also think that hanging around with Coy has taught him some new tricks like inflating the pigs with water so they look bigger. (see, I'll leave it up to your imagination how he gets the water into them) Coy won't own up to doing that to his cattle before he sells them by the pound, but I know he does it!! Then again, I think that gun he is holding may be a pneumatic gun and they may be using air instead of water! Will probably never know! However if the pig is still on the ground, they must not be using air otherwise they would have the pigs floating behind them like a bunch of helium filled balloons. Guess it would make them easier to collect though!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

i understand. i'm like the village idiot. every town has one.

hope you don't expect me to post all the hogs i've kilt since i took an lrh vacation. i'll pirate someone else's just to keep it innersting.

I'm impressed that you scan sneak up so close to the hogs. Nice shots on running hogs!

scrmblr, there is a trick to getting so close! You have to smell like a hog, then they don't panic. Heck they probably snort "welcome to the neighborhood" to him. After all the time he spends with pigs, I'm sure he has the language down pat!

scrmblr, there is a trick to getting so close! You have to smell like a hog, then they don't panic. Heck they probably snort "welcome to the neighborhood" to him. After all the time he spends with pigs, I'm sure he has the language down pat!]

And here I was thinking that it was his looks that allowed him to get so close to the hogs! Since he is covered in hair and with this bad teeth he fits right in!

Last edited:
Was coming from my backyard to the front of the house and rounded the corner by the garage and tripped over this guy.(First picture) You have never seen such biting, growling, snorting and squealing and the Javelina made a lot of noise too! We probably woke up all the neighbors because lights were coming on all down the street! When it finally got loose, it ran back across the street to join the rest of the herd and the rest of the herd seemed unconcerned about all the noise we had made and continued eating the acorns or olives from the tree, don't know which it was!

Knowing djones, with "No pictures it didn't happen" I eventually got some pictures. In the background of the first picture you can see the neighbors front windows. What surprised me is I came out of it without a scratch, but am probably going to have the taste of wild pig in my mouth for several weeks. Yuk! Too bad this is a no shooting zone, and couldn't get my crossbow out of the safe and assembled before they wandered off!Javelinas in front yard.jpg Javelina in front yard - 2.jpg

There were about 6 in the herd, and while i didn't get any kill shots, after I changed my drawers, I did manage to get a couple of poor pictures with my phone camera. i guess any pigs is better than no pigs, but from now on, will whistle while I walk to give us both a little distance!

Last edited:
Actually, I had gotten the crossbow assembled, but couldn't find the bolts and will tear the garage apart tomorrow to find the broad heads for the bolts. Without something pointy on the end all they'll do is bounce off! When we moved, I never expected to need it without having some time to get it together. Last time I had it all together, was trying to get a Mountain lion when I lived in Vail, AZ, East of Tucson. Since then have moved into Tucson.

Oh well, live and learn! Forgot the Boy Scouts motto "Where's the Girls"? Guess they don't have to ask that any more!

7EF73153-19E9-4411-AC08-EDEDBD3C7CAE.jpeg
0EE9F3EC-7950-424D-A632-186C8C0C9D62.jpeg
2101AF83-627B-4D57-90C1-01940B1C0856.jpeg
Pack,

I'm always amazed with how well wil animals adapt to urban settings. The photos below were taken from a feeder that is 26 yards from my kitchen table. The deer are completely numb to us, other than when my 2 and 3 year olds yell to them.

dr. admin pm'ed me and confirmed y'all were the screwups. he doesn't have time to constantly monitor ur kindergarten antics so is in the process of making me a moderator. then ull be sorry!!!

OinK is shooting a similar scope, only in white hot. i try not to watch his vids. it's like watching a crappy golfer... they can mojo you if you look too long.

dr. admin pm'ed me and confirmed y'all were the screwups. he doesn't have time to constantly monitor ur kindergarten antics so is in the process of making me a moderator. then ull be sorry!!!

OinK is shooting a similar scope, only in white hot. i try not to watch his vids. it's like watching a crappy golfer... they can mojo you if you look too long.

DJ,

For a knuckle dragging backwoods hillbilly, you sure can shoot!

yessir... AND have a way with the wemmin i mite add!!

too cold last nite. maybe have some new kill vids by tmrw

yessir... AND have a way with the wemmin i mite add!!

too cold last nite. maybe have some new kill vids by tmrw

Since when is "get in the truck" considered foreplay? You have a better way with Hogs, but then again, they don't talk back!

Must be a cold front headed down from Canada since Tucson was colder than a ex-wives heart! So cold here the Penquins were walking on tiptoe. Well, at least the males were!

Some nice shooting there, though!

scratching my head on this one. buddy musta mojoed me. but whatever isn't in the pic at least is carrying some of my lead around.

Fq5ZKS6OMo0B-2cBjPMO2ajaRplz2v7wHs1qJTFp4QkaoQAv3lagtEsk2qqhxhtkpUPkv44I5vj904fSu1TJPmtcgv-yf5IeaICVrfJxGwNvnH0CMJRreuX56Lt6-K7Rb-N8rf5tvzoZVVqIcNuMBrM7SdkFSv0k1bf0riGIm1R8uykyO1Ju2Iis1fPQ0pl56K6TMFQvd_M7H0YGuWznNtqYxIvol6Jjmwi_wVm_Xk4Z2ueaKyswc8ZHYGtL-3rj5BkOcqge5GRfvNBVjIDq_WfO482GXqA80cly-zp5jdpuOinkNH9BjPIjF4y2wxpy7b9CcQPEyv0JVljYVl6_NpQ6idwcHvWTeTAgtuSOphMSlVESnp59-srhxMThVbmJauI33j8C4MQR_-8e1jGmiC5rjZa8dB3CqqRESxtKLJOtTfH6-isB19dwnIDpqTEtQsSm2NdN9fhSER2IDSmu9L-Ani4I081K_6pAAp1frpA1gQINxyv1qw_SnVio7RqV7mk2uOVQN43WATh8CBixGapQKAdoWYLADgkIMMByaEe7f6FXs0uWvDLUotooBAR0Ng6uuxYQ9s71FrrNq1IP4KvaZyVOblzdcPxh6Dp6e-nVhbxUvkCKFS76hseD4yxoZiJgdk5XmvFuxf7EjwQgDJjq=w1060-h795-no

scratching my head on this one. buddy musta mojoed me. but whatever isn't in the pic at least is carrying some of my lead around.\
[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, two rifles, 4 pigs and from the video, 8 boxes of ammo! It seemed like you were aiming right, but the shots were hitting way behind or over them. You didn't drop my favorite rifle and screw up the zero did you? Maybe I ought to have you send it over here and I'll get it straightened out for you! On the other hand, it may be that all that grain alcohol you were supposed to be denaturing and didn't, is finally getting to your eyes, so will repeat the above. To find out if it is you or the rifle, just go ahead and send it over and I'll check it out. As far as the missing pigs, maybe you should take a metal detector out with you next time you go.

BTW I have a magnetometer that I'm selling, so if you want to try and track those hogs, I'll just trade you straight across for the rifle!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.