I'm in 7's hell or

The 7PRC-AW doesnot change the shoulder angle. IIRC it adds .001-.002" in diameter at the .200 mark.
.200 mark. So lengthening the brass by fireforming?

7PRC info.

.200 mark. So lengthening the brass by fireforming?

7PRC info.

No. It's just wider at that point to avoid clickers or tight primary extraction.

Its a Alex Wheeler design, not John Widden. Erik Cortina shoots one and has YouTube videos about it.
Yes, and as I understand it, it is simply a 6.5 Prc necked up to 7mm with no change to case shoulder angle. They did that so it would equal the case capacity of the 7mm Saum, which is a great case that unfortunately none of the top quality brass manufacturers are making cases for.

Yes, and as I understand it, it is simply a 6.5 Prc necked up to 7mm with no change to case shoulder angle. They did that so it would equal the case capacity of the 7mm Saum, which is a great case that unfortunately none of the top quality brass manufacturers are making cases for.
The saum's body is larger in diameter than the prc. Don't believe it could equal capacity unless the shoulder is changed.

The saum's body is larger in diameter than the prc. Don't believe it could equal capacity unless the shoulder is changed.
The saum does have more capacity. The reason the 7 6.5 prc was developed was to use as a long range target round. Primarily because Lapua makes 6.5 prc brass and the case capacity is more than the 284 improved the guys were using.

The saum does have more capacity. The reason the 7 6.5 prc was developed was to use as a long range target round. Primarily because Lapua makes 6.5 prc brass and the case capacity is more than the 284 improved the guys were using.
I've thought about doing an AR in 284win, but the rebated rim side of me said no. If the 22n used a 6.8spc or 6.5gren bolt that's closer to base dimensions then a yes would it!

I doubt they did it for the same case capacity but to get the most case capacity out of the 6.5prc case design and not have to deal with the saum rebated rim design……could be wrong but thats my .02.

Now that you mentioned it, you are almost certainly correct about the 7 Saum having slightly more capacity. Those 2 cases are basically the same length, with the same shoulder angle and the Saum is almost. 020 larger in diameter. The guy that told that they both were the same case capacity is waiting on a 7 prcw reamer and go gauge that he ordered so that I can chamber up 3 blanks that I've got here on hand for him. He has been shooting a Saum and I just took what he had said about the 7 prcw on face valve. That being said, I think you're correct. I just don't see any way it can be the same capacity now that I think about it.