I'm in 7's hell or

The 7PRC-AW doesnot change the shoulder angle. IIRC it adds .001-.002" in diameter at the .200 mark.
Correct.
In my search, I think it was .002-.003" at the .200" datum line to prevent "clickers"……if anyone doesn't know what that is here, look it up, plethora of information on it. No other modification was made to the prc. I did this to my 6.5prc with someone else's custom reamer with a less than saami freebore as I have the .130FB and no more clickers, I also had a custom small base die made for it too. All the prc line up has this issue using thicker brass and heavy loads.
I seen a post where Alex said the saum line didn't have the issue because they have a .005"-.006" clearance at the .200 datum line and the dies were made correctly to.

I've seen lots of talk about "clickers", but what are causes of this?
In the prc line, the thicker brass doesn't have the room to expand and the dies can't size it the way it's supposed to at the base. The saami spec reamer wasn't made to accommodate reloaders and other thicker brass. Alex Wheeler designed a reamer to allow for extra room for expansion of the brass and the factory dies will size the thicker brass down to the necessary clearances.

Just go conformation today from x-cal my 7saum barrel is finished and awaiting QC before shipping. Might be November before I can do any testing for it and the 6.5prc AR's. The saum will be easier since it has (mostly) oal's of 2.825", but the prc will be way different having an oal 1/8" shorter than most? Minimum charge might be close to maximum being .125" shorter? Should I back off 1 grain or more or just start with minimum/starting charge?

7saum came in today. 62.33ozs @ 28"

Attachments

• 20231006_173553.jpg
    20231006_173553.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 100
I like hunting with bullets in the 150-180gr range. That's right in the 284 diameter optimum BC range. It just happened to be in the sweet spot for weight imo.
That said I currently have no rifles in 7mm, lol. 264, 277, 308. 7saum soon likely.

The Odin hg is fairly lite, but could save 4-6ozs from it, 3-5ozs off the brake, lower receiver maybe 4ozs, 2-3ozs off the gb, 2-3ozs off the grip and not sure what could be save on the optic? 12# is better than the 15.5# 243win AR I have (22" hbar fluted).