I'm in 7's hell or

Tennessee Arms Co just put their Carbon Fiber lowers on sale. I picked one up for an AR10 build and the weight savings is substantial!!!
It appears to be poly w/ cf reinforcement. 6.2oz lower is fairly light and @ good price!

Ultimate Reloader has a video on youtube comparing the 6.5, 7, and 300 PRC. The 7 PRC has about 40" less drop at 1000yds than the 6.5 or 300. This is why I would like to try one out.
The 1000 yd target guys are pretty much shooting 7's. The Berger 180. To get a comparable bc in 30 cal you have to shoot a 215 gr bullet.

I've used QT (quick target) and 264wm w/150smk's gives me less drop than 28 and 30cals. Dependent on muzzle velocity of course.

It's not so much drop but drift. Wind is the killer. Target or hunting. Higher bc's give more room for error in wind call or an errant breeze.
Correct. But drop is almost irrelevant in the age of rangefinders. The wind drift between the two at 1000y is only about 5" in favor of the 7 in a 10mph crosswind. At normal hunting ranges, with a somewhat missed wind call, I don't think it's going to matter more than and inch or two.