I'm in 7's hell or

ARlife4me

I was never any 28cal fan nor a 7mil for that matter if you're the metric person. Going AR crazy I went and ordered a 7-08 AR barrel that came in 3 or 4 weeks ago and now ordered a 7saum AR barrel. ADG brass arrived yesterday (250 rounds), dies ordered, mag bolt on the way and in 6-8 weeks the barrel should be here? I'd prefer a 300rcm or 300saum over 300wsm due to case volume and being shorter for longer bullets. Planning on shooting 150-180gr, but might speed it up with some 120's going 3,600+?

Like you I haven't been a fan of the 7mm's. I had a 7mm Mag when I first moved to Alaska. It was a super light weight mountain rifle that kicked the crap out of me: I sold it after shooting about 5 rounds and never looked back.
Until I built a 7PRC on a Tikka action. This gun is a shooter and I am enjoying it immensely. That said, I am still a 30 cal fan and love my 300WSM, but then I'm not putting it into an AR platform.
akdad hit the nail on the head, I've started cutting down on some of my calibers and it's saving me money to do other things.
I am excited to hear how your AR build goes: I have several myself in 6.8SPC, 30AR, and 556/223 and love them.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

The person who got me into reloading was a 7mil fan (39 years ago) and boasted about how much better his 7mil was than my beloved 264wm. With today's bullets I don't think there's any advantage of 1 caliber/cartridge over another. Excluding barrel life and case life much is equal. With faster twist and bullets per caliber getting heavier and longer the cartridge game heats up.

As @akdad stated on trying to stock components he's right! Before I get into a cartridge I don't have I must find everything necessary for it to survive (brass and dies). I don't hunt, so finding the best bullet doesn't bother me as my plans are to shoot 175gr fmj's in this cartridge..............mostly? FMJ's are my main feeder in AR's. Speer was supposed to have 115gr tmj's (27cal) according to their new reloading manual, but never boxed any for sale that I could find for my 6.8spc. My requirements for calibers I buy is there MUST be fmj's for it! This is my AR lineup.
5.56nato
243win
6.5gren
6.5creed
260rem
6.5prc
6.8spc
7-08rem
7saum
300bo
308win

Possibly will be adding 300wsm, 6br, 22creed/22-250rem, 338rcm and don't know what else I might find?

I just got back from the range. 100 degrees. Eh... No wind... it's alright. Having to pull the trigger on a 7mm Rem mag 50 times... I swear my eyeballs come out of my head 3 inches every time I shoot...

But I would like to have a 7mm PRCW
What is prcw?

What's with all this guys saying the 7mag kills on both ends. 7prc is the same ballistics, it's so close. I shoot a 7mag with a 180 vld-h at 2917 fps with H1000, and it ain't bad. I do have a brake on it though. I guess if you run lighter bullets faster it get snappier, idk.

The brake I had put on mine over a decade ago helped a lot but there's a lot of back blast. Compared to no brake, it's a cuddly puppy dog. I've been shooting 150's and it's definitely snappier. I shot 50 rounds through it today (powder and primer testing). It'll wear on you after a few hours of that.

A faster lighter bullet will have less recoil at the same muzzle energy. Most recoil will be from the amount of pressure and/or volume of gas at the muzzle.