Idaho Investigating Technology Limitations for Rifles

True its not luck, but politics, and those are changing in Idaho like very where else. Are you doing anything to assure it won't change or, hoping the State will continue to support your activities?

Given Idaho is about two thirds Federal Lands, your issues are greater than local.

Given Idaho is about two thirds Federal Lands, your issues are greater than local.
I had a second to go back and look at issues in Game Management in Idaho.

Most recently a Federal Judge ruled against much trapping in Idaho and Montana. It was an Idaho Court, but Judge was Federal.

The entire wolf debacle was imposed by the USFWS.

A decent article, but I'm old enough to remember the drop in opportunity resulting from the predation occurring after introduction.

Three main points.

1) The dynamic of adding wolves to the mix, and the largest most stable elk herd in the state went from 11-13,000 head to 2000 animals.
2) NR licenses dropped by 28% in 2008, and 31% in 2009.
3) It ends with the struggle for control, and responsibility between Federal and State entities. So far I see the Feds are winning.

Its a fine line on fair chase but we need to focus on why is an agency considering this? Has there been any documented issues?
And, does one "Always" believe what the Numbers from the "Government Agencies" who (Make) these "rulings"?
Who has been more concerned about hunting than the Hunters? Not the Animal rights activists!

And, does one "Always" believe what the Numbers from the "Government Agencies" who (Make) these "rulings"?
Who has been more concerned about hunting than the Hunters? Not the Animal rights activists!
Its become extremely difficult for me to believe anything anymore from ANY government agency due to both political and professional corruption of ethics and integrity. The suppression of the truth is more important it seems these days IMO.

By the way, my post #79 wasn't intended to denigrate Idahoans or your wildlife agency. I had hoped that I communicated that well in the thread.

Another poster opined that in his opinion that non-Idahoans have no skin in the game in Idaho concerns. I totally understand that thinking. Folks here are pretty protective of our state as well. No offense intended, friend.

My experience is that Wyomingites didn't have any skin in the silencer game, until we had skin in the silencer game. We became State number twenty eight to allow their use for hunting. The number of states that decided to have skin in the game after that rose to the current forty-two.

Issues in one state affect other states. It looks like Colorado is going to, by public referendum instead of sound wildlife practices, outlaw Mountain Lion hunting soon. Sounds like the California practice is gonna be the Coloradans experience. How are the mountain towns in Colorado that are loosing pets and livestock going to be impacted when hunting is no longer allowed?

I was sharing some of the resistance and arguments our WY Game and Fish Wardens Association used to object to allowing technology, in that case it was silencers, which hadn't been allowed for about 92 years, iirc.

In the last 11 years in WY I have not heard of a single wildlife taking violation using a silencer. It is a non-issue now, like concealed and Constitutional carry of firearms is here.

My point is/was that some humans are averse to hunting and will use any argument to restrict our abilities to consume wildlife. They are the groups who usually initiate the concerns about use of technology causing game and fish managers to have to put out questionnaires and hold public hearings. All of us should be vigilant for and adequately investigate the motives behind the concerns.
Eating an elephant starts with the first bite.

Thanks for letting me clarify what I intended to convey but might have just missed the goal.

By the way, my post #79 wasn't intended to denigrate Idahoans or your wildlife agency. I had hoped that I communicated that well in the thread.

Another poster opined that in his opinion that non-Idahoans have no skin in the game in Idaho concerns. I totally understand that thinking. Folks here are pretty protective of our state as well. No offense intended, friend.

My experience is that Wyomingites didn't have any skin in the silencer game, until we had skin in the silencer game. We became State number twenty eight to allow their use for hunting. The number of states that decided to have skin in the game after that rose to the current forty-two.

Issues in one state affect other states. It looks like Colorado is going to, by public referendum instead of sound wildlife practices, outlaw Mountain Lion hunting soon. Sounds like the California practice is gonna be the Coloradans experience. How are the mountain towns in Colorado that are loosing pets and livestock going to be impacted when hunting is no longer allowed?

I was sharing some of the resistance and arguments our WY Game and Fish Wardens Association used to object to allowing technology, in that case it was silencers, which hadn't been allowed for about 92 years, iirc.

In the last 11 years in WY I have not heard of a single wildlife taking violation using a silencer. It is a non-issue now, like concealed and Constitutional carry of firearms is here.

My point is/was that some humans are averse to hunting and will use any argument to restrict our abilities to consume wildlife. They are the groups who usually initiate the concerns about use of technology causing game and fish managers to have to put out questionnaires and hold public hearings. All of us should be vigilant for and adequately investigate the motives behind the concerns.
Eating an elephant starts with the first bite.

Thanks for letting me clarify what I intended to convey but might have just missed the goal.
I'm pretty open to the comments and not that concerned about outsiders opinions. Everyone has skin in the game to a degree. Use others opinions and experiences to formulate a strong educational position. My only hesitation is I want the facts on what Idaho is up to vs knee jerk emotional reaction

Something does need to be done in my opinion. We have pushed all the game down on to private land. I saw a huge decline in the hunting in my 10 years in Dillon MT. If I had to blame it on one thing it would be the Can Am dealership coming to town. All of a sudden everyone had a side by side. A nasty trail that would beat the hell out of you going 3mph in a truck is smooth sailing at 30mph in a good side by side. Even though "we" think theres a lot of guys investing in the long range thing, its still a very small % of hunter. The frigging roads and side by sides are the problem. The elk cant get off the ranches even if they want to. They get run down.