Idaho Investigating Technology Limitations for Rifles

Herd continues to decline while we study it. One take away is only 4.7% of herd is taken by humans, 1.8% in accidents. Man we have so much technological advantage.

Whether its done in small bites of legislation, economics, or we just fade away. The end goal is eliminating hunting, and it doesn't matter which state you're in.
And don't ever forget That. I didn't and I won't

I don't have a problem with gated roads, I rather like them. The animals need a break somehow. The problem here in the panhandle of Idaho is that all the machine users go around all of them illegally for hunting.
I am not at all anti machine I own a side by side and I have been on a dirt bike since I was four years old and raced cross-country for years bikes are my other pasion. However, I use them were and when legal as we have plenty of designated roads and trail open for each. Most of the illegal use is for hunting and is a big problem up here.
I like everything offroad as well. My UTV is a tool. I don't break laws or trespass either. I like to park and hike in to get further out. Same as my truck. I'm a pretty boring driver too. Making other people dislike me is not my objective. Being older has its limitations these days.

So I'm not for it. But understand this doing nothing probably allows them to move forward. So get involved if you like. I did. But just be aware that though they might sound reasonable I wouldn't give them an inch. I'd lean towards them enforcing existing laws, or increasing penalties of existing laws. If they cannot enforce existing laws then no new law will help.
"Compromise" is YOU giving in to "MY" position.
It is the Liberals' weasel-word.
There is nothing "fair" in compromising with communists.
In the end, their opposition always gets a bullet.

Keep this in mind when someone wants YOU to "compromise".
It sounds SO innocent.😇

Last edited:

It sounds SO innocent.😇
I Really Really wanted to make a comment here about compromise in our countries history . But I won't because I would like to remain a member. But I can't complain cause I just made a "compromise " didn't I?!!!!

This will just push us all back to 300 rums and 3500 fps with 180's. Hold on hair out till 400 and a foot high at 5

It sounds SO innocent.😇
Exactly! They will put it all on the table, and call it a compromise when we get to keep a little.

They intend to bury us a shovel full at a time. The part that sucks is those among us with a hand on the shovel.

Bait, hounds, and a bunch else hit someones "Fair Chase" button.

The weaponized Endangered Species Act, Wild Horse and Burro's, Marine Mammals, Birds of Prey have all been used at our losses. Get involved politically at all levels "TOGETHER".

I have a wolf tag for Idaho and I'll be in the Bitteroot Selway Wilderness this October for elk. Not likely to take a wolf unless I'm tagged out on elk.

G
good for you wish I could help you kill them !
There actually is a way that anyone can help manage the wolves. Join the FOUNDATION FOR WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT they are a non-profit that re-emburses hunters and trappers for the wolves they LEGALY kill.
Most areas pay around $1000 .00 per Wolf and up and you keep the wolf . All you do is prove it was a legal kill and give recipts enough to cover the amount your area says the kill is worth and get paid.
Everyone that hunt and especially if you hunt the western states should be a member. ($40 a year) this will help keep and attract good trappers and Wolf hunters in the field so that we all may benefit from fewer wolves.

My Wife and I own a small coffee business in North Idaho (hhcoffeecompany.com) and anyone that places an online order and uses coupon code F4WM ( foundation for wildlife management) we will donate 10% of your order to the foundation.
You can also go to F4WM websight and under "member discounts" find a link to H&H Coffee Company.

check them out at f4wm.org.
It's only 40 bucks a year and will help us all keep more Elk, Deer and Moose in the woods and the trappers that kill wolves.
No I am not a trapper myself and I have only killed one Wolf as of now.

There actually is a way that anyone can help manage the wolves. Join the FOUNDATION FOR WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT they are a non-profit that re-emburses hunters and trappers for the wolves they LEGALY kill.
Most areas pay around $1000 .00 per Wolf and up and you keep the wolf . All you do is prove it was a legal kill and give recipts enough to cover the amount your area says the kill is worth and get paid.
Everyone that hunt and especially if you hunt the western states should be a member. ($40 a year) this will help keep and attract good trappers and Wolf hunters in the field so that we all may benefit from fewer wolves.

My Wife and I own a small coffee business in North Idaho (hhcoffeecompany.com) and anyone that places an online order and uses coupon code F4WM ( foundation for wildlife management) we will donate 10% of your order to the foundation.
You can also go to F4WM websight and under "member discounts" find a link to H&H Coffee Company.

check them out at f4wm.org.
It's only 40 bucks a year and will help us all keep more Elk, Deer and Moose in the woods and the trappers that kill wolves.
No I am not a trapper myself and I have only killed one Wolf as of now.

F4WM is helping in many ways. Doesn't remotely cover my expenses but it helps. I'd do what I do because of who I am, but F4WM gives me a little boost. This check is one of the reasons I am not happy with my performance this winter. I am getting rid of as many of those excuses as I can. Geesh

2024 Wolf.jpg

I'm with you Brother,
Nobody is going to make money trapping or hunting wolves, those dogs are just too darn smart but f4wm checks do help when successful and most importantly they are bringing much needed awareness to the issue.
That is why my Wife and I are helping where we can in a way that we can in a sustainable and ongoing manner.
I have resently been on the "shoot to hunt" podcast on u tube promoting our support for f4wm and hope to do more.
Check it out