I really want another revolver

This really is not a specialty handgun hunting question, but I thought would post this to seek feedback/opinions. I've always been a revolver fan. I only have one in the stable right now, but would like to get a 357 with a 4.5 - 6" barrel. I have always wanted a Colt Python, but never pulled the trigger before they discontinued the original offering. The new ones came out with some early production quality issues, but I believe they resolved these issues on later production releases. So now I am planning on adding a revolver in the $1500 range that will be used primarily for the fun of it. Colt Python, King Cobra or S&W 686, 627?
It will be hard to find any Colt Python or Cobras for $1,500. More like $2,500+++
We have several S&W Model 29s #2 & #4 . Have the original Dirty Harry 8 3/8" in an Oak Box never fired.

If you want a real shooter get yourself a S&W Model 19 - 357mag with recessed cylinder, target trigger & hammer and pined barrel with a 6" barrel. Model #2-#4
Jill has one and can put all six in a coke can circle at 50'.
Only issue with these older beautiful revolvers is that you don't shoot them if they are like new.
Find one with some wear that doesn't cost a fortune and shoot the heck out of it!

It will be hard to find any Colt Python or Cobras for $1,500. More like $2,500+++
We have several S&W Model 29s #2 & #4 . Have the original Dirty Harry 8 3/8" in an Oak Box never fired.

If you want a real shooter get yourself a S&W Model 19 - 357mag with recessed cylinder, target trigger & hammer and pined barrel with a 6" barrel. Model #2-#4
Jill has one and can put all six in a coke can circle at 50'.
Only issue with these older beautiful revolvers is that you don't shoot them if they are like new.
Find one with some wear that doesn't cost a fortune and shoot the heck out of it!
You need to look around more, or know what your talking about! You can buy any of the newer snake guns locally even in ND for under $1,500.

Colt Snake Guns!

We have Colt Pythons and Anacondas in stock. 4.25" and 6" Pythons as well as a 6" Anaconda.

Colt Python 4.25" .357 Magnum $1429.99

Colt Python 6" .357 Magnum $1429.99

Colt Anaconda 6" .44 Magnum $1499.99

There seems to be good selection of new revolvers being produced these days. That Kimber K6S Dasa is very nice looking revolver in my eyes. I havent heard much about it. With the ability of todays CNC machines they can produce beautiful revolvers in volumes with tight tolerances that was very difficult a couple of decades ago. The new Colt Pythons are really appealing and so are many others. Difficult decision ahead.

A few years back, I would see a few older Dans in some of the area gun shops, and on a rare occasion, a complete pistol pack. The past couple of years, nothing. I have owned Dans since the late 70's when I bought my first, and they have been the most accurate revolvers I have ever fired. Some may require a little tweaking with the gap space or barrel tension for best performance, but most have been great shooters right out of the case.

There were reasons we saw so many Dans on the IHMSA ranges decades back, and it wasn't always because of their interchangeable longer barrels either. My first Dan has seen 10's of thousands of rounds through it, and it still is a great shooter.
Nothing came close to Dan Wessons in IHMSA,I remember Model 29 and 27 side plates would curl up where the edges met.Spitting Smiths.Still have the 27.Sold a blued Dan wesson 44 with 10" and 4" ,regret that.Still have It's brother in Stainless ported 8" and 4" barrels,triggers are awesome,IHSMA # stamped pistol.

Personally, I would look at a late 70's S&W 586 or 686. I have several from late 60's through early 80's and they are great revolvers. I have a new S&W and it works, but the internal part quality is blah.

Colt fan here. Have an original stainless, 6" Python I purchased new 30+ years ago for around $500. A Gold Cup Trophy 1911. And, a LE model AR. The Python is a handful yet fun to shoot, the 1911 is wonderful, the AR needed a trigger upgrade. I should have bought an original Anaconda when I was young. Never did.

I recently decided I needed a .357 handgun. Watched original Colts on-line and held a couple new versions. Could not justify the cost. I ran across a S&W 686-4, 8" stainless. It is a sweet gun. A friend installed a lighter trigger spring. Went from 5-6 to the 2 # range.

You are thinking correctly @Mark37082 - get the Python! When you get what you've always wanted you'll have no regrets.

I got a new Python a year ago & really enjoy shooting it. The quality is there. Trigger pull is excellent as is accuracy. Fit & finish are really good, too.

I have a Ruger GP-100 & like it very much, too, but it's not a Colt Python.

I had a S&W 686 previously & loved it but it was apparently built on a Friday @ 4pm & the barrel was threaded on crooked causing it to spit lead & bullet jacket material out of the barrel cylinder gap creating a safety issue. But I'd buy another (just not one from the Bangor Punta period of ownership.)

Having said all that, the (new) Colt Python brings me the most pride in ownership & joy in shooting .357 Mags these days. You are in your 60's...time to get exactly what you have always wanted.

I have a '74 nickel Python a new model S&W 586 and 686. I did have a stainless Python but sold it back to the original owner years ago. I have heard that the new Python is more sturdy than the original. I have not shot one but have handled a couple and I can say that the double action trigger is smoother than the originals.
If you're like me and you want the Python then get one or you'll never be 100% satisfied with what you get no matter how good it is.

This really is not a specialty handgun hunting question, but I thought would post this to seek feedback/opinions. I've always been a revolver fan. I only have one in the stable right now, but would like to get a 357 with a 4.5 - 6" barrel. I have always wanted a Colt Python, but never pulled the trigger before they discontinued the original offering. The new ones came out with some early production quality issues, but I believe they resolved these issues on later production releases. So now I am planning on adding a revolver in the $1500 range that will be used primarily for the fun of it. Colt Python, King Cobra or S&W 686, 627?
It all depends on what you want it for. I prefer S&W revolvers especially if for defense. The double action is superior out of the three imo. Single action Dan Wessons are fine. And I never cared for Colt's tacking at the end of their trigger pull. But Colt's single action is fine and their bluing is just beautiful.