How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?

How Often Do You Hunt Big Game Out Of State?

• Never so far, looking forward to it, though!

Votes: 531 38.4%
  • Once every 5 years.

Votes: 190 13.7%
  • About once every couple of years, my wife is great!

Votes: 332 24.0%
  • At least once every year, I am not married!

Votes: 331 23.9%

• Total voters
As often as I can I go. Which is usually about 3 states a year. Western draws are a PITA but hoping for a elk draw in Wy six points in the bank for 2012.

First wife had some issues. Gave her the farm. Got a postage stamp lot and a new wife. No issues for over over twenty years now. And a new gun/rifle every year. Good women I think I'll keep her. I fish like hell too. Good thing she likes venison and love fresh fish! ;)

I had no good option in this poll either, I live in Louisiana with a distance of 2 miles from Texas and 3 miles from Arkansas, for which I sport a license for each state and Kansas too. I make at least 3 trips to Kansas a yr. On the opening morning of Louisiana deer season in 1972 I killed an eight point buck, came out of the woods about 11 AM married my wife and was back in the woods by 2 PM. Nov. 4 th of this yr. my wife and I will celebrate our 40 th anniversary. When I get back from hunting!

I live 30 miles from the Florida Georgia state line and do all my hunting in Georgia. Doesn't really count but It is a 340 mile round trip. Hunted 78 sits last year , NO WIFE! I dump my girlfriends every year so I don't have to hear it from a girlfriend either. Got a new one now and she hasn't a clue whats coming. I can't find one who into hunting like me.

Every Thanksgiving week my in laws live out of state. We go there every year. It just happens to be opening weekend of Gun season in Alabama. Killed one last year with my custom 629 there it was great!

I hunt out of my country every year. If I'm hunting on an other continent, I take my wife with me. She is not hunting, but she enjoys the trips to countries far away. We always add some tourist time when hunting is over.

Even more so than Roy. I would like to hunt coyotes in the desert. And coyotes in Maine with my nephew. But other wise. There isn't anything I want to take time from hunting up here to hunt down there.

i would... but when you live in a state like montana where people will come from other countries to hunt here, theres really no need. i do however hunt all over the state :). on the west side it is a bear, elk, and deer hunters paradise (and even the occasional caribou ;) ). on the east side its a bird hunters dream. you cant drive down the road a half mile without seeing your daily limit of pheasants. gotta love the great state of montana. :)

how do people afford to go hunting out of state every year? not to mention out of country! Non-resident tags are EXTREMELY expensive. It'll take close to 15 years for me to draw an elk tag here in SD (with close to zero chance of ever drawing a big horn sheep), and going out of state is ridiculous in price.

Me, I'm just a PO boy so thousand dollar rifles all up are close to my Max budget. But there are guys on here, who if there rifles are any indicator of their income. They can afford to hunt anywhere they want. I'm glad they can. ! Some guys are clients, some are guides. As a general rule if any one can afford to hang a 2,000$ rifle scope on a 3,000 or more dollar rifle and use it in a match where he won't make any money to speak of, he can afford to hunt where ever he wants

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.