How did you find us here at LRH.com?

I was looking for different cartridges for a new long range rifle and stumbled across a thread on LRH and decided I wanted to become a member.

I found this site looking for a long range rifle build and really liked what people posted on different calibers and rifles. decided to become a member to stay informed.

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

Hi, first post/reply. don't really have a clue how this works. Tried to reply to an introductory post/reply from the founder and was told "
You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.
.." So now even more confused. Somebody help, maybe an intro explanation of what and how to introduce or respond to the nice "welcome" post/letter?
thee was no "reply" to the intro letter/post. Even this one Im writing now, Im not sure who and where it is going to. Now you can see why I need guidance!

I found your site while researching some long range rifle ideas. Looks like a good group. Thanks for puttting it together

I was researching ballistic differences between 300 Win Mag, 338 Win Mag and 375s in various forms. Most of the searches brought me back here, so I decided to sign up.

Lots of great info here! I'm looking forward to participating.

Thanks Len for putting this together
I was doing research on cartridges for my next rifle because I only need one more. Found the people here are friendly and want to help take our shooting skills to the next level. It is very rare to see a rude comment. great group of real sportsman glad I joined.

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.
I'm not a new member, I signed up for membership over two years ago, but I started online courses and everything went that way, all my time went into my studying. This is something that I wanted to do beginning while I was in Vietnam, more education 1971 quest! I am hoping to complete everything by next November when I turn 68.
So...let's hear it!

I was searching for a better forum. The previous one I used to frequent got to be to irritating . Bunch of pretentious snubs who in their opinion if the questions asked did not suit them would try to belittle you with ''they have no time for you but enough to respond wrongly''. I don't participate much not that I may not know the answer to a question but as I read if someone has already replied with the answer I was going to give, I do not see it as a necessity to respond again with the same answer. So basically I guess I am considered a "TROLL"

I have found myself here more times than I can count. I actually have no interest at all in hunting long range, however I am an avid ELR shooter- The only thing separating me from most of the folks on here is that my target doesn't move or get spooked and I chose the circumstances of the shot. There is a plethora of well informed and savvy folks on this forum, maybe the best. I figured I would just join the club since I might have something to bring to the table in regards to equipment, hand loading, etc.

I stumbled upon while looking for long range rifles and you can find nearly anything you wanna know on here

I have found myself here more times than I can count. I actually have no interest at all in hunting long range, however I am an avid ELR shooter- The only thing separating me from most of the folks on here is that my target doesn't move or get spooked and I chose the circumstances of the shot. There is a plethora of well informed and savvy folks on this forum, maybe the best. I figured I would just join the club since I might have something to bring to the table in regards to equipment, hand loading, etc.
How long have you been in long range? Do you use a spotting scope? If you do, what brand? Why all the questions, I'm looking for a spotting scope around $1500...as a veteran I can receive a veteran's discount. I'm looking at Athlon Optics but also looking at Vortex Razor HD. I do most of my shooting by myself, so that is why a spotting scope. Thank you for your help !