How did you find us here at LRH.com?

How long have you been in long range? Do you use a spotting scope? If you do, what brand? Why all the questions, I'm looking for a spotting scope around $1500...as a veteran I can receive a veteran's discount. I'm looking at Athlon Optics but also looking at Vortex Razor HD. I do most of my shooting by myself, so that is why a spotting scope. Thank you for your help !

I have two, the first is a Cheapo Barska benchmark 25-125x88mm that ran me about $140.00. It is decent for group checking at 100, maybe some active spotting to 1000 on steel but the glass is horrid. My other is a Nikon 20-60x82mm Monarch that was right around $1500.00. The Nikon is nice on the eyes for sure.
I have been into serious long range (1000+) shooting for about twelve years now, I was playing with it before but wasn't planting cold bore hits on steel until about a decade ago.

I'm in my 60's and like you with the ️ goes vision. Most of my shooting I will be by myself, so spotting scope I will need...right now I two spotters a Bushnell Elite and Vortex built for Cabelas, the latter scope purchase three years ago good to two hundred yards. Thank you for your input.

I found this site when a search engine brought me to another site about Henry rifles. That site referenced a member here at Long Range Hunting, so I joined.

Last edited:
I started getting notices by email at work. I was saving them to read at lunch, lol. Finally decided to join so I could read at my leisure. Thanks for adding me!

I was looking at hunting rifle builds, mountain rifle and long range shooting. Search engines would link to posts from this forum. I would probably not hunt long range but shooting long range to tune my skills.

Definitely reloading information. I've definitely learned more reading forums here than any other source. Thanks to all of you that contribute.

I have been hunting and shooting for many years and found this forum searching for info on guns and reloading. I visited here for a long time soaking up info from all the knowledgeable members and i always love the classifieds. I finally joined so I could have a chance to purchase items and maybe give someone advice through my experiences. I recently purchased a new huskemaw scope from Len and was surprised that I got a thank you from Len and Andy. I can't think of a better place to be a member

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!
General Google search for shooting and firearms related interests.

Googled a rifle question and your site popped up as one with the answers. Perused the site for a while and really liked what I saw and the plethora of information about LR shooting. My longest shot on an animal has been 598 yards on a Coues Buck and then 442 yards on my Desert Bighorn Ram. Took the handle "Dry Heat?" In deference to my Tucson Az home. I am making the leap into Wildcatting with a Craig's Custom Rifles 338-375 Ruger with Defiance Action, heavy 26" Brux Barrel, Terminator 2 muzzle brake, 4-16 ATACR, HS Precision Mag, McMillan Game Warden Stock. I've learned much here already.

After finding myself landing hear multiple different times when googling over a short period of time, figured it would be a good place to spend some time reading. Seems to be a wealth of knowledge without a lot of the holier than thous.

I saw it on Google as I search for a hunting community. I am excited to share with you my experience and at the same time learn from the best hunters of this forum. Looking forward to being friends with you all.

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

I first heard of LRH in 2016 via searching for 300 win mag loads with 210gr berger bullets. I started to go through all of the other forums and learning a ton about reloading and long range hunting.

So...let's hear it!
I was not even into long range hunting yet just intrigued by the idea being a Deer Hunter back then a 300 yard shot was a Hail Mary with a little chance of success nowadays it is a Chipshot thanks to good equipment some experience and a lot of advice from good people at my range and forums like yours I was searching the Internet when I came across your forum