help trouble shooting chamber issue

Back to original photo, the "cuts" visually look like different heights from case head. Could they be from a sharp edge/corner in the magazine? If the magazine had been used.
Second the far left case and one of the others show longitudal "double" scratches. These may have come from rough chamber and could have caused difficult extraction especially if the PE was not up to snuff.

Lastly, make sure the PE is working & timed properly.
My $0.02

Sent it to Remington. Had the same problem with a clients gun. Turned out the chamber wasn't cut right at the factory. That's why I've steered away from Remington as of late.

brand new 700 lr 300 rum been having problems with spent cartridges sticking i backed off acouple grains and shortened my coal dosent stick as bad but still sticks been getting gouges in my cases and can see brass on the bottom of the chamber but there inconsistent in location on brass and in chamber see multiple marks. only using 76grains of imr7828 225eldm and brand new norma brass this is the first ive steped back into a large magnum since i had issues with my first, so if you guys could help me out with cause and solution itd be mutch appreciated.
View attachment 112686
Remington is not the same old Remington. I am with the others here telling you to send it back. Remington had my son send his to a gunsmith twice. The smith told him Remington had a problem with chamber issues now. Remington finally had the smith send it back for him and he got a new rifle that worked. Shows they can make one if they want to put the effort into making one right!
I shot with a friend who carried a ramrod with him at the range so he could get the brass out, his friend did the same. He said had he known he was buying a single shot he would have skipped buying it. Both had to send them back to Remington for replacement.
I hope they do not give you a hard time after the work you have had done, I wish you the best of luck.

My first question as to the mark on the cases. With the marks on the cases not in the exact same place, It could be more than one problem to deal with.

Are You Running The Cases Through The Magazine When Shooting Them?
Just a thought since the scratches are in different locations on the case. There be a bad burr on the magazine lip causing the scratch or dent on the case.

Have you reached into the ejection port and put your finger on the case, Then carefully opening the action, Till the case clears the chamber and then carefully remove it. I have seen firearms with burrs in the ejection ports and magazines that made scratches and dents that was not caused by the chamber.

As a Police Armor I had to a lot of work on new issues of service pistols to get them to function properly. My feeling was, If I would not feel secure taking the gun and going to the field and carry it, I did not want it to leave the range. I had one new pistol I had to smooth the magazine lips to get the to load properly. Looked like the lips on the magazine had been cut with a dull axe. Like 21 pistols with 3 mags. each was quite a job to cure.

As for the shells not wanting to release and come out of the chamber. I have read where the chamber of a hammer forged barrel has the Chamber Hammer Forged as the barrel is rifled, By moving the mandrel back during the process. I guess when they install it on the action, Check it with gauges and the headspace is within specs. They may never run a finish reamer in to set final headspace.

Retuning the Rifle to Remington is what I would suggest. If you put an new TRIGGER in the rifle I would put the original back in if you return it. I have heard of JEWEL triggers not making it back on the return job.
GOOD LUCK ON FINDING THE CAUSE AND A SAFE DEPENDABLE CURE FOR THE PROBLEM.

Sending the rifle back to Remington still sounds like a good idea. The company sent me a shipping ticket for the last rifle needing repairs. Sending the rifle to Remington would allow you to cut to the chase. No more guessing. Based on my experience with chip problems the case is scored all the way around. I'd also recheck data used to reload those rounds. You always have the option to continuing to use the rifle with the scratch.
Was your barrel threaded for the brake at the factory?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.