HELP NEEDED...

I'm located in louisville ky now
Does anyone know a shop or person semi local capable of torquing this action on the barrel before I buy the action wrench and barrel vise?
Yep….what @6.5x300 WBY said! There’s also this one in Frankfort, Ky that I’ve used before.

Here’s Jeff Hankins info…..he’s up in Dry Ridge, Ky.

Pretty simple. Put a layer of scotch tape on the back of the go gauge and trim it flush. Then put it in your chamber and the bolt should not close on it.
He used two pieces of Scotch tape. Then took the gauge on a hard surface in a circular motion to trim the edges off the tape. You need to apply a little pressure while doing the circular motion.

I shoot lowly Savages, the first one I re barreled I used the go gauge with two pieces of scotch tape (.004") and it worked fine. When I did a second one in the same caliber, I purchased the no go gauge. While doing a third rifle of a different caliber I purchased both gauges.

I bought the action wrench and barrel nut wrench. I made blocks out of white oak to use for barrel vices, either clamp them in one of my bench vices or use my 30 ton hydraulic press.

The cost of the tools was less than what a smith would've charged me. But I have a shop full of tools, I do my own engines, transmissions and fabrication work.

He used two pieces of Scotch tape. Then took the gauge on a hard surface in a circular motion to trim the edges off the tape. You need to apply a little pressure while doing the circular motion.
I was referring to what I do. I have not seen the video. Honestly I’m not sure why 2 pieces of tape. The tape is.002 so 2 layers is .004 essentially the no go gauge. I’m guessing he is using that in place of the No go. I just use one layer to set the headspace tighter.

I was referring to what I do. I have not seen the video. Honestly I'm not sure why 2 pieces of tape. The tape is.002 so 2 layers is .004 essentially the no go gauge. I'm guessing he is using that in place of the No go. I just use one layer to set the headspace tighter.
If you come across a video of that let me know please

Recent Posts