HELP NEEDED...

I am loving this thread, simply because the next step in my hobby is building my own rifle. The prefit remmage barrel system might have to be my first build. My only problem... deciding which caliber LOL
Let me correct myself by saying building my first bolt gun. I have literally built 100's of ar-15's and ar-10's . And by built, I mean actually built every part, not just buying an upper and slapping it on lol.

I have built on 700's and savages. The savage floating bolt head is a plus but the stock options in long actions can be limited. The 700's are a crap shoot. If you get a decent one you can make an accurate rifle. Getting one trued etc is just not worth paying to get done. You can buy some tools and diy most of that if you are going to do a few. Again to do a one off probably not cost effective versus a bottom line defiant or origin.

Let me correct myself by saying building my first bolt gun. I have literally built 100's of ar-15's and ar-10's . And by built, I mean actually built every part, not just buying an upper and slapping it on lol.
Iā€™m kinda the same way, messed with tons of ARā€™s and AKā€™s from the ground up.
Just never gotten to do a bolt gun from start to finish.

....nothing to it, pick up the tools and have at it...
I have the barrel vise and the inner and outer action wrench that will work for Remington 700ā€™s. Also different torque wrenches for inch pounds and foot pounds.
I need to get all learned up on getting the headspace correct and being able to measure it correctly.
I do still need to get some go and no-go gauges

Recent Posts