HELP NEEDED...

Endless_prusuits

I'm just about complete with my custom rifle build. I made the mistake of thinking that I'd be able to find a gunsmith around louisville that would be able to trq my prefit barrel onto my action.

I have a kelbly atlas lite action
Bartlein carbon prefit 7mm prc barrel

I'm located in louisville ky now
Does anyone know a shop or person semi local capable of torquing this action on the barrel before I buy the action wrench and barrel vise?

I'm just about complete with my custom rifle build. I made the mistake of thinking that I'd be able to find a gunsmith around louisville that would be able to trq my prefit barrel onto my action.

I have a kelbly atlas lite action
Bartlein carbon prefit 7mm prc barrel

I'm located in louisville ky now
Does anyone know a shop or person semi local capable of torquing this action on the barrel before I buy the action wrench and barrel vise?
I would buy the tools and do it myself, then I would be ready for more pre-fit barrels in the future.

Below is what I have for a vice…. It's expensive, but makes it super easy and leaves no marks on the barrels I have put on. I looked at as a long term one time purchase.

I think you should go ahead and get the vice and wrench if you already know how to correctly check headspace.

I really want someone to teach me how to correctly check and verify headspace
It’s not that difficult. You use a go gauge. It should close on that. You use a nogo gauge and it should not close on it. With a shouldered prefit it is what it is. With the tolerances on custom actions if the barrel tenon is cut and threaded correctly it should headspace. With a barrel nut prefit you have to set the headspace on the gauges and torque the nut. If you are going to do other builds buying the tools is a good investment.