Grits or taters

So is it Grits or taters or something else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@P7M13 pinto beans in the crock pot with diced hatch chili's, chicken broth, season to taste and add a 1lb log of breakfast sausage in the last few hours of the cook will make a pretty good meal.

Buy a rice cooker, cooks perfect rice evey time and does it without babysitting it.
Last time I went elk hunting, that's what I prepared for the trip. I used sopressa sausage as the meat and cayenne instead of hatch.

I have an insta-pot, I haven't perfected that thing yet. Crock pot and rice cooker steamer, I have down. I guess I need to get it out and work with it, hard to make a meal for one in that thing.

I use this for just about everything. They release it once a year, I try to buy 100lbs 10lbs at a time over a few days or weeks. Depends on the store stock, if they have a bunch, I will grab 20lbs.

IMG_2538.jpeg

I have an insta-pot, I haven't perfected that thing yet. Crock pot and rice cooker steamer, I have down. I guess I need to get it out and work with it, hard to make a meal for one in that thing.

I use this for just about everything. They release it once a year, I try to buy 100lbs 10lbs at a time over a few days or weeks. Depends on the store stock, if they have a bunch, I will grab 20lbs.

View attachment 526636
I love Montana, but I sure do miss H-E-B.

View attachment 526636
We don't get that in Wyoming. We do have a guy that brings a few truck loads of Hatch chilis up from NM every summer. I buy about 10 pounds of roasted chilis and freeze them for cooking throughout the year.

Home fries.
I do either ground game (deer, elk, pronghorn) hash or chorizo hash all the time. Usually added diced jalapeños too. And lots.of spices. Breakfast or dinner. Add a crap ton of shredded cheese on top and melt it in.
Perhaps you should try a can of Ro Tel if you like diced tomatos & habaneros. Word of caution. Don't start with the HOT. lol