Do You Hunt Ducks or Geese?

Do You Hunt Ducks or Geese?

• YES

Votes: 588 47.6%
  • NO

Votes: 648 52.4%

• Total voters
What brand of shotgun are you using, are you reloading?

I shoot a Benelli SBE II, no I don't reload, I am great friends with the owner of a local hunting store in NB & he sells me my ammo at cost.

I looked into reloading tungsten & 3.5" steel a while ago & the cost of buying all the equipment plus components it was still quite pricey, not to mention the amount of loading I would have to do, I go through quite a few rounds per season.

I shoot a Benelli SBE II, no I don't reload, I am great friends with the owner of a local hunting store in NB & he sells me my ammo at cost.

I looked into reloading tungsten & 3.5" steel a while ago & the cost of buying all the equipment plus components it was still quite pricey, not to mention the amount of loading I would have to do, I go through quite a few rounds per season.
Hello Hunt 24/7 I shoot a Win. Super x 2+3 quarters I hand load bbs. they go through one side of a old wood grainery and splinter the fir on the other side.But I can:t shoot the big Canada"s until I can see the smile on their face.Happy Hunting from Saskatchewan Canada gun)

Lord YES!!!!!!

For the last couple of seasons I've hunted over nothing but my own hand carved decoys shooting my own steel reloads. Nothing better than doing it yourself!

Picklehead-4113.jpg

ducks-5116.jpg

ducks-5132.jpg

ducks-5160.jpg

ducks-5189.jpg

Thanks. Nothing better than taking game with your own gear. I use the feathers from ducks and fur from deer to support my other obsession... fly fishing!

Love it, and the action. Hunting ducks and geese will show you just how bad a shot you can be ( if you thought you were good with a shotgun.) Started hunting them in the mid 70s after that huge snow storm struck Buffalo NY. Wiped out small game in NE Ohio. My duddies and I trapped fox and muskrat just to get cash to buy shells/decoys etc. Back then pelts still brought pretty good money (Before PETA). And lead shot was still the norm. We hunted the corn and wheat fields, lay between the picked corn stalks, coverd up with the busted stalks and called em in. When the snow flew, we would dawn white painter coverals and lie on white styrafoam board to sepeate the cold ground. We killed lots of ducks and geese that way. Our little group in NE Ohio became almost notorius for slaying the flyers. And of course we all had retreivers, blacks and cheasies. Hell them dogs would fight over the same bird to make a retrieve. Great fun!!!! Still have my old john boat I camoed. We'd drag that into a backwater, stuff it in that cattails overlooking some decoys and put a hurten on them birds. Of course back then we had the point system too. If you shot one black duck (100 pts) you were done for the day.

So we learned to identify ducks quickly, busted alot of mallards and teal. Great fun, miss it!!! Need to get out and bust them again. But here in the Mts of VA, deer and turkey seem to be the main course.

love waterfowl hunting! as much as i can but it is hard hunting public land in ca. i travel to oregon at least once or twice ayear, what a different experience up there. work hard do your scouting u can still be successfull

Spring Snow Goose hunting in Missouri is the only waterfowl I have ever hunted. During the conservation season. Bring lots of ammo. No bag limit. Extender tubes. One of the funnest trips I have ever been on.

love waterfowl hunting! as much as i can but it is hard hunting public land in ca. i travel to oregon at least once or twice ayear, what a different experience up there. work hard do your scouting u can still be successfull

California has some of the best duck hunting in the country. Dealing with the public on public land can make you crazy but the options in the North Valley are amazing!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.