First lite corrugate foundry pants

Ok, thanks! I don't believe pictures will be necessary but I appreciate it. I've got everything over the years from First Lite I just need pants now, and with this elk hunt coming up it looks like some snow and low temps so I'm trying to pick a good pant for that.
I wore my corrugate (Edit Catalyst) soft shell with furnace base layer on a elk hunt last year in colder weather. It was from 0-8 in the morning and get up to high teens in the day. I'm 601 215 for personal body insulation consideration. Hike and horse hunting and they were enough except for the wind was too cold with them. If short hikes and more sitting or horse riding and glassing I put a set of fuse under the furnace layer. Just a FYI riding a horse is colder than a mo fo since your not moving and totally exposed to all wind. Hiking it was ok but glassing I had to get out of the wind or I got cold fast.

Last edited:
I wore my corrugate soft shell with furnace base layer on a elk hunt last year in colder weather. It was from 0-8 in the morning and get up to high teens in the day. Hike and horse hunting and they were enough except for the wind was too cold with them. If short hikes and more sitting or horse riding and glassing I put a set of fuse under the furnace layer. Just a FYI riding a horse is colder than a mo fo since your not moving and totally exposed to all wind. Hiking it was ok but glassing I had to get out of the wind or I got cold fast.
I found my corrugate foundry's to be perfectly adequate in 40-75* anything colder and a base layer would've probably been nice. Anything hotter and the side zips we're definitely open. Otherwise I thought they controlled those temps really well

I wore my corrugate soft shell with furnace base layer on a elk hunt last year in colder weather. It was from 0-8 in the morning and get up to high teens in the day. Hike and horse hunting and they were enough except for the wind was too cold with them. If short hikes and more sitting or horse riding and glassing I put a set of fuse under the furnace layer. Just a FYI riding a horse is colder than a mo fo since your not moving and totally exposed to all wind. Hiking it was ok but glassing I had to get out of the wind or I got cold fast.

I just got a pair of furnace long john's last week. I was looking at the Catalyst softshell but they are sold out of the dark earth (M) I wanted. No horse's for me, just hiking. Thanks for the feedback on the wind, we can definitely have that this time of year around here.

What's You're guys opinion on sizing. I'm a 32 x 36 in wranglers so I'm looking at the 32 x 35's
I'm a 32x36 in Carhart and 36x36 in Levi 501 Shrink to fit. I wear their suspenders and size so I can layer how I want and be able to button and zip my pants normally. Just straight pants without suspenders would slowly and constantly keep sliding down. I went with the XL size based on the salesman's advice on sizing as they did not have the other chart in 2020. I looked and no way in heck are they at 40-42 waist if that matches normal pants I wear. I would say they are a 34 max for normal pants. Happy to post up some pics on how those fit me. They are hella expensive and getting the wrong size would suck. If I remember I could have sent them back for free if wrong size.

I got probably 20-25 days in them from early Oct through early Nov in Idaho. Temps from @ 10-70. If it was colder than @ 40 I'd wear a medium weight long underwear underneath (I forget the name). I absolutely loved them. No signs of wear or pilling that I noticed (I didn't inspect every stitch) except for the stitched in logo above the right knee started unraveling (bummer for FL, but doesn't bother me). The knee pads are phenomenal. The new suspenders are smart and work great IMO. Hard for me to imagine wearing anything else in temps lower than @ 60. For sizing, I'm a 32x32 and the Medium seems to fit great. That said, I had the suspenders on the whole time, so not really sure if the waist would be proper to hold them up without the suspenders.

I'm a 32x36 in Carhart and 36x36 in Levi 501 Shrink to fit. I wear their suspenders and size so I can layer how I want and be able to button and zip my pants normally. Just straight pants without suspenders would slowly and constantly keep sliding down. I went with the XL size based on the salesman's advice on sizing as they did not have the other chart in 2020. I looked and no way in heck are they at 40-42 waist if that matches normal pants I wear. I would say they are a 34 max for normal pants. Happy to post up some pics on how those fit me. They are hella expensive and getting the wrong size would suck. If I remember I could have sent them back for free if wrong size.

Interesting... when I used to wear Levi 517's I was a 32 x36. So pretty consistent in those two brand of pants. I am 6'0", buck 80 on a good day. I only have one shot to order them and have them be correct. I leave Friday and there is no way I am getting these Furnace long johns under wranglers...lol.

I got probably 20-25 days in them from early Oct through early Nov in Idaho. Temps from @ 10-70. If it was colder than @ 40 I'd wear a medium weight long underwear underneath (I forget the name). I absolutely loved them. No signs of wear or pilling that I noticed (I didn't inspect every stitch) except for the stitched in logo above the right knee started unraveling (bummer for FL, but doesn't bother me). The knee pads are phenomenal. The new suspenders are smart and work great IMO. Hard for me to imagine wearing anything else in temps lower than @ 60. For sizing, I'm a 32x32 and the Medium seems to fit great. That said, I had the suspenders on the whole time, so not really sure if the waist would be proper to hold them up without the suspenders.

The Corrugate Foundry correct?

The Corrugate Foundry correct?
As far as sizing for me I wear a 36x30 in carhartt double fronts and I got the corrugate foundry's in a 36x32 and they're perfect. I don't really use the knee pads but the little bit I did they were nice. Reason being I don't wear them is I noticed my knees got warmer hiking.

I've more money than I care to admit into FL clothes. I've had a pair of corrugate guide pants for 2yrs. Hog hunts in TX and everyday wear. I just bought a second pair in ASH color. I buy the solid colors of this pant to also wear everyday casual. These pants are durable, and I don't overheat in them in 90-100 F. busting the canyons.

I also recently tried the corrugate foundry pant. Epic fail for me. Waist was spot of, but the rest of the pant was baggy, the knee pads didn't stay in place, and they looked to be too hot for much activity. Unzip the pants and it was like oompa loompa pants that I feared would snag on everything. I sent them back for store credit.

I have the catalyst top and bottom. Sweet pieces of kit. I only wish the catalyst pants had side zips for on and off like the puffy pants.

Yeah I took it in the butt dry from rinella and first lite. Total sell out and user of his supporters. He can't hide behind he doesn't care who owns him. Reality is I care who I support and I won't support someone who supports the liberal agenda and is anti gun and supports anti gun and many other rights I live by.