First Lite Kanab 2.0 pant w/ what top?

Petro712

I am looking at the Kanab 2.0 pant. Anyone have a pair? What top from First Lite would be the best match regarding warmth?

The Chama series is the closest in weight. I have the hoody and qz, love them both. I have the Kanabs as well, they feel really light weight but are warm. So far other than my stupid mishaps(cut a hole in them with barbwire) with both the kanabs and corugate pants are amazing.

Mort,

Thank you.

Ill be stand hunting whitetail in the midwest. I am very picky when it comes to noise. Are the Kanab pants quiet as one would expect with wool clothing? I've heard the Corrugate pants are a bit noisy.

Also, First Lite gear appears to have an athletic fit. Is there room for layering under the Chama top and Kanab pant? If temps drop I'd like the option of putting another layer of 230g wool under them.

The kanabs are very quiet, they seem a little "stiff" right away but i walked around the yard in them and they are whisper quiet. They are athletic cut but are desigmed to be layred underneath. With that though you're probably only going to be able to wear the Allegheny exp bottoms under them, nothing much heavier. The my last hunt in mt this year i wore the llano ss, a chama qz and the chama hoody and still had plenty of room in them.

Interesting comments about how quiet the Kanab 2.0 pants are.

I was expecting my fleece lined Duluth Trading nylon twill pants to be noisy but the fleece liner seems to have quieted them down a lot compared to say, my 5.11 nylon pants.

Eric B.

I also use the kanab. I find them to be very comfortable and quiet. As far as top. I have several of first lite merino wool tops and layer depending on the weather. AS I warm up or am climbing I just remove them and find they are easy to stuff in my pack. If I'm going to be out over night or two I carry one of the lighter (190) tops and a pair of the lighter merino bottoms to sleep in and for extra warmth around camp, early mornings etc.

I have a couple pair of the knab 2.0's and they are lacking a few things. First off they are short this year they have longs and I would get those mine were high waters, they sent me some scrap pant legs and I had 3" sewn in. The crotch stitching came undone on one pair no big deal free air conditioning. I hunted in AZ for the 2015 elk season and they didn't hold up very well against the cat claws there. That being said they feel great ard I've hiked some miles in them for wouldn't hesitate to buy another I just wish they were a little tougher.

I will second scooby, they do not hold up against the brush at all. Having said that; I have 2 pair. I have a pair of the original Kanab and a pair of the 2.0. I'm in MI and they are great for early season bow and spring turkey; super quiet, warm and the suspenders are very handy. With a layer of merino wool long britches and my 5.11 cargo pants, I can wear them down to low 30's and stay comfortable on stand for a few hours. I think you will like them, stay out of the brush and you should be okay. I have the XL - 6'0", 190lbs, I normally wear 36x32, length is good, but a little roomy in the waist.

While looking into camo I discovered a small company called Day One Camouflage. They make all of their clothing in the US and offer an assortment of materials. Fleece, wool, and what they call Cowboy Suede. The CS is a thin, lightweight material. I received a sample and it sppears to be very durable, quiet at all temps, and able to repel small amounts of water. The CS material comes in the ASAT pattern as well as others.

They offer many garments. A pair of insulated pants runs about $200 depending on style and options. I wouldn't consider these garments to be 100% custom made but more of a semi-custom.

At this price point I'm excited to give them a try!

https://dayonecamouflage.com

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.