Votes: 60 9.4%
  • 6.5-47 Lapaua

Votes: 51 8.0%
  • 6.5-06

Votes: 48 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 206 32.3%

• Total voters
The 700 project is costing me a good bit once I replaced the bolt and recoil lug....
QUOTE]

lightbulbHence the reason I quit building on Rem 700's (unless I have one lying around as a donor). By the time your done, there isn't anything Remington left & you've spent enough to buy a Stiller. :D

Maybe. Will be pushing some of the 165 CEB's through it and hopefully Bergers new 270 bullet will be out by then :rolleyes:

I didn't even know CEB made .277's in 165 grain. That oughta be just about perfect for a .277/300 Dakota. Some serious 270 smack down right there. With all of the promising new Berger bullets on the horizon, I sure wish they'd actually produce one every once in a while. :cool:

t

Yeah, I'm done building on Remmy's too. The Howa actions are a bit shorter than the 700's so anything longer than a Dakota gets built on a custom action. Actually been talking Snowy Mountain Rifles bout a 300 Lapua project.

I'm going the custom action route from here on out (unless I use one of my current rifles as a donor). I have 2 built on Stiller's so far & I'm pretty sure I'd sell my mother to get my hands on an L/H Badger M2008.

If I can find a Badger it will be chambered in 6.5x47 :D

t

The new Hornady brass is pretty darn good stuff, IIRC they are making Lazzeroni brass now. Isn't the Howa action an Investment casting? I do like the M-16 extractor better by far but the whole "made in J-a-pan" makes it off limits for me.

t

That's good to hear about Hornady, My past experience with the 6.5x284 brass from them has been very poor. Hope they fixed it.

That's good to hear about Hornady, My past experience with the 6.5x284 brass from them has been very poor. Hope they fixed it.

Maybe it's just 6.5x284 :rolleyes: I had a terrible bout with one particular lot of Norma 6.5x284 brass... man that stuff was junk...

t

I didn't even know CEB made .277's in 165 grain. That oughta be just about perfect for a .277/300 Dakota. Some serious 270 smack down right there. With all of the promising new Berger bullets on the horizon, I sure wish they'd actually produce one every once in a while. :cool:

t
Iff'n yer interested, Chad can borrow my reamer when I get it. That would probably be sometime this fall.

It will have a 40* shoulder and some other slight mods and I'm gonna call it the 270 Montana

Recent Posts