Custom actions, are they worth it?

I have learned a few things from this tread.
Yours is better than mine!
My Remington SS 700's don't shoot!!
My Remington SS 700's are not target rifles!!!
My Remington SS 700's are inadequate against Custom Actions!!!!
I Don't have enough money for Custom Actions!!!!!
I guess I should call Karl Kampfeld and tell him don't build me the 3 Remington 700's he has of mine right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Final thought!
Please don't try and convince me that you know more than me, I shoot built Remington 700's. :D 😂🤣

Last edited:
When went up at O-darkthirty. I got lost,and crashed a few times on the way.We were at top at sunrise, ol eagle eye Dad.Spots buck stand up out of bed, right after anxious son skylines and bust buck out across canyon.Dad gets set to shoot, son says not big enough for father.I think on it Ok , you shoot.He has nice 340 wby, its tough down hill angle 540 yard,1/4 toward, can I use YOUR gun.Yes I think he'd agree, a custom IS worth itView attachment 525606
You're story isn't quite accurate. In regards to the actual point of the OPs. Just because someone would rather use your rifle doesn't make it more accurate. The point is, that if your dad's action is factory and the action has been given the proper treatment in regards to ACCURACY than your rifle isn't gonna shoot any more accurate than his. So long as a competent smith/machinist did everything the way are supposed to. A true action action is a true action which is a true action. If something is truly true than it cannot be any truer than that. If it's worth it to you to spend more money on a true action with a high dollar name that's fine but the thread is in regards to ACCURACY!

Another thing about a custom rifle.
You get what you want, not what you wish you had.
Barrel length/contour and twist
Stock material/color
Action material and on and on.
Your choice, not some bean counter in an office.

I have learned a few things from this tread.
Yours is better than mine!
My Remington SS 700's don't shoot!!
My Remington SS 700's are not target rifles!!!
My Remington SS 700's are inadequate against Custom Actions!!!!
I Don't have enough money for Custom Actions!!!!!
I guess I should call Karl Kampfeld and tell him don't build me the 3 Remington 700's he has of mine right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Final thought!
Please don't try and convince me that you know more than me, I shoot built Remington 700's. :D 😂🤣
Shoot you're in tall cotton man! I wish I could aspire to your quality! I went pheasant hunting opening week with a guy who informed me that my Brownings were junk. My shotguns, my rifles- I should sell them all and buy some Italian Pizza-roni shotgun for $6,000 if I wanted to up my game. My X-Bolt- total garbage compared to his $10,000+ custom that was blessed by the priest at "our Lady of Perpetual Bragging" grottos. I should have a custom rifle built by his guy. Oh and my reloading techniques?- wrong. All wrong. Oh and my bird dogs? Yeah they suck too. They're not 'his breed'.

Yeah he lasted three days in my truck camper and then he scooted his rear 8 hours back home after I finally lost my collective crud. And he took the one bird he shot behind the ranch house in the yard.

I'll keep my $950 X-bolt thank-you very much.

Last edited:
Another thing about a custom rifle.
You get what you want, not what you wish you had.
Barrel length/contour and twist
Stock material/color
Action material and on and on.
Your choice, not some bean counter in an office.
Which is all done as well with a factory receiver build.

Anyone wanting a custom action for $674? Not a $400 700 action which needs all sorts of work but the Solus might work LOL Add it to the cart for the Christmas pricing.

Not exactly. Buy a 7 mag you're getting a 9.5 twist or 10 in a 300. You're getting whatever barrel length and stock they offer.

My junkyard Browning 7mm mag I bought in 2018 or so is a 1:8 or 1:8.5 twist. I just bought another craptastic Browning .280AI with a 1:8 twist.

Last edited:

Recent Posts