CLASS 3 FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEC TO OWN

Yep..The movies glorified the SILENCER AKA Suppressor..Itsmakes it so quiet you can shoot someone next to you and nobody will even hear it...LOL
So the **** Government must have swallowed the pill and went down the rabbit hole..haha We can blame Hollywood for the Can Troubles
I must respectfully disagree. The anti-gunners want to eliminate all guns, and anything to do with guns. Any excuse will do. There is a mentality; a mindset. Any excuse to limit any type of firearm, or firearms related equipment is a good excuse. They want to just keep chipping away at our rights until there are none left.

No one told Mike the last cog in the wheel is a 4473. Once your tax stamp/form 4 i approved. You go to pick it up and have to fill out a 4473. 🙃

Mike - no one that has been through the process will argue with you that it's ridiculous. Most were really trying to help you with your terminology...which if you go back and read the post, is why this went as long as it did.

I've dug into a little...one more piece of information that will really chap your backside, the ATF agent that reviews your application....runs your info through the same exact NICS system that firearm purchases go through to validate your background status.

I think I read somewhere suppressors were put into the NFA during negotiations toward the last minute and was mainly pushed by farmers who were concerned about cattle poachers.

I think you'd find most aren't upset about the tax as much as the hoops and wait.
The tax wasn't the big problem for me. Some people it would be an additional cost, and their pockets aren't so deep. I was very mistaken on it being a class-3 licenses instead a form-4 licenses. It's the time length or 9-14 months. I figured that the background check wasn't much more than the 4473. No reason for such a long background check. Especially because the Suppressor can't really hurt anybody unless you hit them with it. I am aware that people are poaching cattle and other animals. I aware of people just shooting cattle, I guess just to shoot something. No matter where I am at, I keep an eye out for something wrong. I don't care where I am at or what state I am in. I will try fine a rancher to notify them I feel there a problem.
Example was a group of horse running along a major Hwy loose. That could cause a big problem. Was a aware of ranch house with fences around it and looked to be corral in back. I had several friends with me. We slowed up traffic and got the animal into that ranch, and got them into the corral and locked off. Nobody was there at the time. We left a note and stopped by later on. Somebody was home then and let her know.
I haven't stop looking at what to try and do.
Thanks for the info.

I must respectfully disagree. The anti-gunners want to eliminate all guns, and anything to do with guns. Any excuse will do. There is a mentality; a mindset. Any excuse to limit any type of firearm, or firearms related equipment is a good excuse. They want to just keep chipping away at our rights until there are none left.
Yes they will keep trying to take our firearms. We have to fight back by voting, and speaking out. It was either here some where else, I read that somebody said. "They understand why animals are killed for meat. All you have to do is go to the market to get meat. That way you didn't have to harm animals.

The chipping Away hS really just got bad in the last 40 years.I use to own a fully auto back in 1978.Before they passed a law requiring a tax stamp.
I agree with you on.... they.. (being the Democrats) want to strip all firearms Away and suppressors.
In 1965 when I was in the 4th grade I took 2 British 303 rifles on my school bus to school for a play.Alltge Principle said to me was...Bubba they are not loaded are they? No Sir I replied.
Try that now and I f you don't die you will surely go to jail.

Our 5th & 6th Grade plus our 7th & 8th grade teachers were both deer hunters. In class we would talk about hunting and hunting seasons. Compare notes on Monday morning, who got what was missed. Still a big deal in several states and that great.

Class 3 Federal Firearms License To Own A Suppressor.
Why is this so hard and drawn out?
The suppressor is allowed in 42 states, and 40 states allow it to be used while hunting. I started an application for a Class 3 firearms license a few months ago, to purchase a suppressor. Reading, and getting the paper work together to submit, it hit me oddly. It takes 9 to 14 months to get the Class 3 license for a suppressor. Why does this take so long and so many hoops to go through, probable the Fed's like to make it hard and people give up.
So this got me to thinking, and maybe it won't get me to far,n so I am trying to put pen to paper.
In looking into it more, I began to wonder why? It's not much more that a glorified piece of pipe. The suppressor would have to be thrown to work without being attached to a firearm, which generally requiring a firearm barrel to be threaded to attach the suppressor. Most firearms don't come threaded at the muzzle. This takes time to work over the barrel to attach the suppressor. Much more than just purchasing a firearm. The suppressor is worthless if not attach to a firearm.
Now a Firearm can do great Bodley harm. AGAIN, that only takes about 15 minutes to be approved and walk out the door, with the firearm. The suppressor takes 9 to 14 months to get approved. The suppressor can't hurt anybody, unless you hit someone while you have it's in your hand. By itself, it just an expensive piece of pipe.
This law went into effect sometime in the 1930's, and for why or what I don't know? Our law makers were hard at work over thinking this, that become a problem.
Now my feeling is; we need to get a letter campaign going to our Federal Congressmen, and Senators. 1. Requesting this law be changed to reflect what the suppressor really is. 2. Now I do feel that a personal check or application should be done, just like the application for a firearm,and cleared the same way. 3. There is a $200.00 Federal Stamp that presently has to be paid too. Why again I don't really know why. That costs or charge needs to be dropped or stopped.
Here the conclusion I came up with: To purchase a firearm it take about 15 minutes to do the paper work at a firearm store, and have it approved by the Federal Government, which I don't have a real problem with. The Federal Government is checking to see if you are a felon, or you are not wanted, and no court orders against you. In most state you can sell your firearm to anybody else without even filing any paper work. So the same principal should apply for the suppressor.
So see what people think here and see what we can do.
The only reason there is a "TAX Stamp" for suppressors is ????? YOU GUESSED IT - SEE THE WORD "TAX' in front of Stamp. It is just another way for the Government to take OUR hard earned money. Has nothing to do with Gun Safety or fewer deaths by firearms.
Did you ever see a TAX revoked once it is put into place? Neither side of the government will pass a bill to remove the Tax on suppressors. Too much money being taken from citizens for officials to spend as they want... Just remember all the money that you make is not yours-it is really the governments. They are just letting you work for it to think you made it!
Just like what is going on now. This administration is trying not to BAN the AR-15 style pistols because of SAFETY. They actually want the production of these pistols to continue so they can put another $200 TAX Stamp. They figured that it would bring BILLIONS of TAX revenue in.

Class 3 Federal Firearms License To Own A Suppressor.
Why is this so hard and drawn out?
The suppressor is allowed in 42 states, and 40 states allow it to be used while hunting. I started an application for a Class 3 firearms license a few months ago, to purchase a suppressor. Reading, and getting the paper work together to submit, it hit me oddly. It takes 9 to 14 months to get the Class 3 license for a suppressor. Why does this take so long and so many hoops to go through, probable the Fed's like to make it hard and people give up.
So this got me to thinking, and maybe it won't get me to far,n so I am trying to put pen to paper.
In looking into it more, I began to wonder why? It's not much more that a glorified piece of pipe. The suppressor would have to be thrown to work without being attached to a firearm, which generally requiring a firearm barrel to be threaded to attach the suppressor. Most firearms don't come threaded at the muzzle. This takes time to work over the barrel to attach the suppressor. Much more than just purchasing a firearm. The suppressor is worthless if not attach to a firearm.
Now a Firearm can do great Bodley harm. AGAIN, that only takes about 15 minutes to be approved and walk out the door, with the firearm. The suppressor takes 9 to 14 months to get approved. The suppressor can't hurt anybody, unless you hit someone while you have it's in your hand. By itself, it just an expensive piece of pipe.
This law went into effect sometime in the 1930's, and for why or what I don't know? Our law makers were hard at work over thinking this, that become a problem.
Now my feeling is; we need to get a letter campaign going to our Federal Congressmen, and Senators. 1. Requesting this law be changed to reflect what the suppressor really is. 2. Now I do feel that a personal check or application should be done, just like the application for a firearm,and cleared the same way. 3. There is a $200.00 Federal Stamp that presently has to be paid too. Why again I don't really know why. That costs or charge needs to be dropped or stopped.
Here the conclusion I came up with: To purchase a firearm it take about 15 minutes to do the paper work at a firearm store, and have it approved by the Federal Government, which I don't have a real problem with. The Federal Government is checking to see if you are a felon, or you are not wanted, and no court orders against you. In most state you can sell your firearm to anybody else without even filing any paper work. So the same principal should apply for the suppressor.
So see what people think here and see what we can do.
I agree with you totally..Unfortunately the people we have elected sell us out. like a useless plastic AR15 BUMP STOCK.. What could it hurt.??? I would be willing to sign a petition though to help the fight.

I agree with you totally..Unfortunately the people we have elected sell us out. like a useless plastic AR15 BUMP STOCK.. What could it hurt.??? I would be willing to sign a petition though to help the fight.
For now it's on hold. I got enough feed back (Good) that I am rely thinking on how to attach it. With Dumb Bast**d Pres. in office (got that on Fox the other day), and his friends in congress there wouldn't be much hope presently. Hopefully that with what's going on here in the US, congress will be changed in 2022 for the 2023-24 year.