CLASS 3 FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEC TO OWN

Nobody has their head in the sand! I've been an NRA member from 1970. Life member from 1975. Presently a PATRIOT LIFE MEMBER BENEFACTOR LEVEL FROM 2017. I put a lot of funding in each year to the NRA, and people that run for offices. The donation are for people that are pro-gun.
Yes there is a CLASS-3 licenses. It's for fully auto firearms. I don't have one and don't want one. They use way to much ammo, and very hard to support.

If a silencer actually silenced a gun....maybe I could see concern over them...MAYBE.
I hate anything that limits freedom of the law abiding people.

If you have never shot a cleaning pellet(like a cotton ball) through an air gun with a built in
suppressor it will surprise the crap out of you with how loud it is. Sounds like a centerfire rifle..CRACK!!!

Yes I agree with you on the laws about supressors being stupid. I would own one if it was legal and wasn't
what I feel is just a form of taxation. I don't think a supressor is gonna quiet down a 7 rem mag much, but
I have never seen one before. All I know is that crossing the speed of sound makes a really loud crack.

Am I clueless on this?

There's no such thing as a Class 3 license.
There is, actually. It's more properly referred to as a Class 3 SOT, but many people refer to it as a license. It's what I need (and have), as an FFL holder, to be able to sell suppressors and other class 3 items.

Well, how about this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-121416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-121416_Chrome.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 47
My good god man don't you know that if you have a suppressor it makes your weapon of war completely silent. Shoot you could kill half of America before someone would realize it . Lol
Ok so enough of that . I completely agree it make no sense what so ever . Part of it is the government wants that easy quick 200$ and the rest is probably to justify someone's job
Yep..The movies glorified the SILENCER AKA Suppressor..Itsmakes it so quiet you can shoot someone next to you and nobody will even hear it...LOL
So the **** Government must have swallowed the pill and went down the rabbit hole..haha We can blame Hollywood for the Can Troubles.

There is, actually. It's more properly referred to as a Class 3 SOT, but many people refer to it as a license. It's what I need (and have), as an FFL holder, to be able to sell suppressors and other class 3 items.

Yes, There is the SOT license, but it's not what anyone that wants a Suppressor needs or has to apply for. I was just speaking about purchasing a Class 3 NFA item, all that's needed is a Form 1 or Form 4 Tax Stamp, which isn't a "License".

Bluedog, you are not clueless. The suppressor, or as Gemtech referred to it 30 years ago when I bought my first one was a "frequency shifter". It masks or lessens the muzzle blast by redirecting gas as its exiting the muzzle. It does absolutely nothing for the sonic boom or bullet flight noise.
In order to affect this, you have to load it subsonic.
Not all chamberings are conducive to this. When I started it was with a 308 win case with a 180 gr round nose bullet and with 8.5 grains of the right powder I had a mv of 950-1000 fps,
making the bolt action rifle very quiet. It is even quieter than my Ten Point crossbow.

Yes, There is the SOT license, but it's not what anyone that wants a Suppressor needs or has to apply for. I was just speaking about purchasing a Class 3 NFA item, all that's needed is a Form 1 or Form 4 Tax Stamp, which isn't a "License".
It's form 4. It may not be a license, but sure as h*ll you don't want to be without one. It needs to be change to form 4473 like when purchasing a firearm. 15 minutes or so in and out and done. It's not that quite either, but helps. The movies make it to be something else. What I want a suppressor is for longer ranges for taking Varmints.
I am working on letter form that isn't to long. O' ll live and learn.
My feeling is if enough people write in to there congressman and two Senators enough we can get something done.
Present time may not be right. Depending on what happen here in the next election, or restart this at that time. I sure that Democrats, and Rino are worried about whats' going on.

We were soooo close to getting the hearing protection act passed. Even the ATF went on record stating that suppressors needed to be deregulated as the bureau was swamped doing applications for an accessory that was never used in crime.
Shortly after that, between the Virginia office shooting where the perp used a suppressor and the softball game shooting, that legislation vaporized. I honestly believe it can be resurrected, but not before voting out the rinos and enough of the other anti gun politicians.

We were soooo close to getting the hearing protection act passed. Even the ATF went on record stating that suppressors needed to be deregulated as the bureau was swamped doing applications for an accessory that was never used in crime.
Shortly after that, between the Virginia office shooting where the perp used a suppressor and the softball game shooting, that legislation vaporized. I honestly believe it can be resurrected, but not before voting out the rinos and enough of the other anti gun politicians.
That part was unknown to me about the bill before congress. I fully go along on the rinos. Hopefully people will be plenty sick of what's going presently, and we will see a big change this next election. There seem to be a lot of people testing Stupid for sure.
How was the bill named?
I was going to push to change the filing to Form 4473, which is the form for purchase a firearm. The same requirements. 15 to 20 minutes and done. A back ground check, and that's it. That way they could feel they had some type of control. That all it really is with their form-4, except for 9 to 14 months to get it done. Once they have your Name, Soc Sec No., Drive Lic No, Address. They have you located, and what your past history is. That doesn't stop anybody from doing something wrong. Most of us live by the rule of law.
It looks to me that the people in DC don't seem to live by the rule of law. None of them ever seem to go to jail either.
Thanks for the info. I am sorry if I got people up in arms, but something needs to be done.
As in most states the transfer of firearms, between private parties doesn't require any special form or time to do so.

Until society returns to individual responsibility, we will not have desirable laws.

If the already illegal actions of one person, can cause new laws or "regulations" to further restrict free men... then we have no individual liberty, and by definition, no actual freedom. That is our present reality.

It was HR 95, Hearing Protection Act.
Another BIG problem and should greatly concern all of us is the current nominee to head the BATFE. If he gets confirmed, it will be worse than the Clinton years with the so called assault weapons ban. EVERYONE needs to contact their elected representatives and express their opposition to a vehement anti gun director running the ATF.

It was HR 95, Hearing Protection Act.
Another BIG problem and should greatly concern all of us is the current nominee to head the BATFE. If he gets confirmed, it will be worse than the Clinton years with the so called assault weapons ban. EVERYONE needs to contact their elected representatives and express their opposition to a vehement anti gun director running the ATF.
Already have.
Thanks for the info.

No one told Mike the last cog in the wheel is a 4473. Once your tax stamp/form 4 i approved. You go to pick it up and have to fill out a 4473. 🙃

Mike - no one that has been through the process will argue with you that it's ridiculous. Most were really trying to help you with your terminology...which if you go back and read the post, is why this went as long as it did.

I've dug into a little...one more piece of information that will really chap your backside, the ATF agent that reviews your application....runs your info through the same exact NICS system that firearm purchases go through to validate your background status.

I think I read somewhere suppressors were put into the NFA during negotiations toward the last minute and was mainly pushed by farmers who were concerned about cattle poachers.

I think you'd find most aren't upset about the tax as much as the hoops and wait.