Christensen arms vs fierce firearms

Fierce is a copy of the Sako 85.
Christensen Arms is a copy of the Remington 700
Fierce CEO John Mogle is the former president of Christensen Arms.
I have sold all of my CA rifles and moved to Fierce. They make it easy to find the best ammo and give you a factory target to show it. They also offer a compete set up called the long range package. Scope with a custom turret for where you hunt. As mentioned above the customer service has greatly improved. I love mine. I have a CT Edge in 300 PRC with a Leupold Mark5 long range package that I ordered 1.5 months ago and will have it back before the end of the month.

Fierce is a copy of the Sako 85.
Christensen Arms is a copy of the Remington 700
Fierce CEO John Mogle is the former president of Christensen Arms.
I have sold all of my CA rifles and moved to Fierce. They make it easy to find the best ammo and give you a factory target to show it. They also offer a compete set up called the long range package. Scope with a custom turret for where you hunt. As mentioned above the customer service has greatly improved. I love mine. I have a CT Edge in 300 PRC with a Leupold Mark5 long range package that I ordered 1.5 months ago and will have it back before the end of the month.
Does that include the Rival? I thought in the Rival they were going to a 700 clone?

Again, just because a rifle shoots inch groups at 100 yards doesn't mean it will shoot 2 at 200, 3 at 300 etc, one of the greatest if not the greatest shooting falicies of all time. Also, your not bench rest target shooting for group or score, you have huge target areas to hit, a basketball on deer and a beach ball on elk, ypou pass a bullet anywhere inside those target areas and the animal is dead. Hey, I like shooting small groups just as much as anyone else but in the hunting world they are not needed unless your shooting the eye out of your target animal...my neighbor had a 32 special model 94 that could barely hit a pie plate at 100 yards, his garage wall was covered with deer racks, sure he didn't shoot past 50 yards either... I wonder sometimes how many of these posters on here have actually shot at a target past 200 yards, I suspect more than we'd care to admit !!
None of this applies to the OPs question!

If I were going to spend anything close to that kind of money on a rifle I'd just call Len and order one of his through the LRH store, no need shopping around. I'm truly amazed at how many 2nd hand Christiensen Arms rifles I see for sale which makes me very leery of them.
I checked the first 2 pages of the classifieds and seen 1- Christensen, several Rugers, Remingtons, Weatherbys and others so should I be more leery of them than Christensen?

I got a wild hair and decided to buy my oldest son a new gun for a deer hunt he had. With supply being what it is I could not find any of my first choices.

I was afraid to buy a CA
reading about their streak of poor quality control but I took a chance on a 6.5 PRC Carbon Ridgeline. After the break in and finding the right powder (H1000) it clover leafs H143 ELDXs and puts127LRXs into about 5/8" or less groups.

I had remorse (depression) giving it to him so I ordered a CA BA Tactical in 6.5 PRC as the cure.
Love your rationalization! I like you, have a BA but in .300 Win mag and a Ridgeline in .270 a Mesa in .300 Win Mag. I hate the pieces of junk so much I bought a MPR in .300 Win Mag last week, now I think I feel better! And of the 30 (I would need to count) Leupold scopes I currently own, non of which track correctly, and their customer service just blows me off. I just had get a new Leupold MK5 5-25x56 Illuminated TMR to mount on the MPR. Now I am feeling pretty good! Well being I decided the MK5 was just as bad as all the others, I ordered another identical one yesterday. Now I am really feeling good!! I just hope that darn Leupold dont cause me to miss that record 9 pound Pasture Poodle at 1700 meters.:)

I can't really say, but Christensen is beginning to guarantee 1/2" accuracy in a couple of packages. I didn't see that listed with Fierce.

That kind of money should come with a performance level in writing.
Fierce has this guarantee on all their packages. I'm pretty sure Christensen says 1 moa

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with all the Christensen arms guys on here. They are okay but not in the same class as the fierce rifles. Both manufacturers guarantee 1/2 moa but to get the same quality in the Christensen as you do in the Fierce you need to buy one of their top tier rifles in the $2500 and up range. Christensen uses a proprietary action based on the Remington 700 where as Fierce rifles are built on the Sako 85 action. The Sako is a 3 lug 70` degree bolt. Solid as a rock and true. If I were going to drop the coin on a high end Christensen I would consider having a complete custom gun built on a Curtis or defiance action with a Brux, Bartlein, or Krieger barrel and a Timney trigger. That barreled action with the trigger would run you around 2500.00 and you could drop it in the chassis or stock of your choice and not Christensen's Mcmillian want to be. Fierce rifles are built with proven parts like The Sako 85 action, Manners stocks and name brand barrels. They are basically a full on custom Sako. They have a 1/2 moa guarantee and are just a cut above most of Christensen's offerings. Either rifle will shoot that is for sure but the Fierce is of higher quality IMHO. My understanding from some of the guys that bought them is they have had some clambering issues with the lower end Christensens. One guy at one of the ranges that I shoot had to send his back twice before selling it and having a custom defiance built. That being said I have two other friends that swear by them. One friend owns several of the carbon fiber models in a 1/2 dozen calibers. I just simple prefer the Sako action to the aftermarket remington.
All that being said I don't own either but I have shot both and both shot well. I have several Sakos and a couple of full on customs, one of which is on a Remington action.
Have you considered looking at a Sako 85 finnlight, carbonlight, or carbon wolf. If I were serious about the Fierce I would look at those as well considering they are very similar and would possibly retain their value better. Once you get into the $3000 and up range I would also seriously consider a full custom rifle. If you build on a new trued Remington action you could build whatever you want for most likely less than $3000.

Last edited:
You can disagree if you like! Some folks like their imported Kia, some guys like hmmmm robust ladies, some like imported scopes, some don't like other folks having freedom. 🤣🤣SO WHAT if I don't!!!
Had the chance yesterday to handle both rifles and to be completely honest for three grand I would not choose either. I would seriously look at a factory Sako 85 variant or consider having a custom rifle built unless you are just getting a jam up deal on one of them. Like 1/2 off.

Originally the fierce rifles were Sako actions in Manners stocks but now they are making there own everything and charging the same price. To me the quality is not there, not for the price they are asking. Nor, do I see anything that is better than Sako. As long as they were putting their guns in Manners or Macmillan stocks they offer an advantage over Christensen but once they started doing there own they are no different and now that there new model is on a Remington style action, even more so. Ones just about as good as the other in the case of the Remington style actions. To me the Sako 85 or TRG actions are just better actions. Buy a Sako and put it in a Manners or Macmillian stock and be done with it. You would have a nicer rifle and spend about the same money.

Not going to lie I am a Sako fan boy though I own others as well. I like the higher end Sakos stocks and all and have yet to find one that want shoot 1/2 moa or less. I own 4 including a TRG. Just some thoughts after having a chance to see the newer offerings from both companies.

I looked at the CA Ridgeline, and decided to go with the Fierce CT Edge in 300 win mag. I got the package with a Leupold VX6 4-24. It weighs 8.2 lbs with a empty magazine. Customer service was great and always responded promptly to any questions by email. I am very happy with the rifle, but I have always been a fan of the Sako action.
1D746927-FE5D-4167-9178-A37588844EB6.jpeg

Again, just because a rifle shoots inch groups at 100 yards doesn't mean it will shoot 2 at 200, 3 at 300 etc, one of the greatest if not the greatest shooting falicies of all time. Also, your not bench rest target shooting for group or score, you have huge target areas to hit, a basketball on deer and a beach ball on elk, ypou pass a bullet anywhere inside those target areas and the animal is dead. Hey, I like shooting small groups just as much as anyone else but in the hunting world they are not needed unless your shooting the eye out of your target animal...my neighbor had a 32 special model 94 that could barely hit a pie plate at 100 yards, his garage wall was covered with deer racks, sure he didn't shoot past 50 yards either... I wonder sometimes how many of these posters on here have actually shot at a target past 200 yards, I suspect more than we'd care to admit !!
I have personally never experienced the falicy you speak of? I have never owned a gun that shot moa or less that did not shot moa or less at range and I have literally owned dozens or more. However, I have owned several that the reverse is true. With certain bullet weights a particular rifle would not shoot moa at a hundred but shot moa or better at extended ranges once the bullet stabilized. A sub moa rifle is a sub moa rifle. It is not the rifle that is the issue at extended ranges but most likely the ammo or bullet used and as long as you are using premium components that shouldn't be an issue.

I looked at the CA Ridgeline, and decided to go with the Fierce CT Edge in 300 win mag. I got the package with a Leupold VX6 4-24. It weighs 8.2 lbs with a empty magazine. Customer service was great and always responded promptly to any questions by email. I am very happy with the rifle, but I have always been a fan of the Sako action.View attachment 251232
Great looking rifle and scope combo. Great caliber too! My favorite. Good choice. Enjoy!