Seekins Havak Element vs Christensen vs Fierce Carbon Rogue

I have a Fierce Carbon Rival in 7PRC and absolutely love it . I have about 40 rounds through it shooting out to 940 yards and it is dead on accurate. It is my forever rifle, with Texas Aoudad, hog , mountain lion Elk , mule deer and whitetail hunts in the near future. I looked into Christensen Arms because a friend has one and really he likes it in .308. I handled it and shot it , but it did nothing to make me like it . It seemed heavy and unbalanced. Didn’t look in Seekins after seeing and shooting the Fierce.

My Seekins PH2 6.5 CM is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It’s used for Midwest white tail. Have a friend with a Fierce 6.5 PRC and he’s happy with it, but it will not shoot as well as my Seekins

I will never own another Christensen arms rifle again. Sold it for half price and that seemed unfair. Extremely Ammo picky, the dual ejectors would spit brass into my scope windage turret cause feeling malfunctions. Just plain not worth the money and time. I ended up piecing together another 300 wm from a defiance action a proof carbon sendero, and a manners LRH. Just waiting on the gunsmith to do his thing.

Seekins Havac Element hands down here. Researched this for quite a while before making a purchase decision. Done, would do it again, and have put it through range time and two hunting seasons. Indiana Whitetail.

This past season, 3 does 3 rounds 3 tags punched less than... well, less than any number of seconds I'd care to defend. No video and all. Rifle cycles incredibly well.

Went with .308 Win. Will cover most of my hunting.

I was looking for the "forever" rifle which needed to be light, accurate, and in a caliber I load for. Needless to say I do believe I've found it. I researched custom builds, and quite frankly, and for the money, I couldn't beat an out of the box Element from Seekins in terms of weight and functionality for my needs / wants, etc. I do wish the barrel wasn't quite so shiny.

It sports an NF ATACR 4 x 20 - 50 F1 attached with an ERA-TAC one piece mount. OSS (now HUXWRX) QD muzzle brake and an HX-QD Magnum Ti Helix suppressor upon occasion.

This summer I intend to dial in accuracy, just because. To date, I've managed less than 1 MOA @ 100 yds with factory Nosler BT rounds and Federal GMM. All good.

Be very interested in seeing how your research pans out for you and which way you go.

Mine lead me very well away from one of the other two that you are considering. Caveat emptor, I've never owned or used either of them. First time buyer from Seekins, not sponsored, just reporting what I've experienced.

By all means enjoy!

Matt

Also worth noting I have a buddy who has a savage ultralight with the proof barrel in 300 wsm and let me tell you she shoots extremely well. Pit down many 1/2 groups or better at 100 yards. Very surprising. But let me tell you the stock really is terrible. Way too flimsy. Surprising accuracy however.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I know of too many friends that have had issues with Christensen. I don’t have any first hand experience with the Seekins, but did seriously consider them for my forever/go to rifle for here out west. It was between Seekins and Fierce Carbon Edge (now Rage). I ended up choosing the Fierce in 7 rem mag and have been very happy with it. It truly shoots 1/2” or less consistently. The Fierce just checked more boxes for me. I liked the Sako style controlled feed 3 lug action, carbon barrel, a detachable mag that sits flush with the stock and can be loaded while it’s in or out of the gun, and a stock that was a good blend between traditional/new. I really don’t like mags that stick below the stock and some vertical grip stocks don’t fit well for off hand quick shooting. You can’t go wrong with either a Seekins or Fierce, just depends on the features you like more.

I’ve had 4 fierce rifles in the last year and a bit and everyone of them have had extraction issues and had to be repaired with the last one I just sent out a week ago.
For this price range this should not be happening. I’m done with Fierce and I’ve been down the Christensen road also and will never do that again. Never had a seekins but the only complaint I’ve heard of them is the stock feels cheap.
For me going forward I’ll just build them and get what I want.
Although I will never spend money on Fierce again this is how my Rival 7Saum groups at 825 yards
36B29A8E-0E5A-46D1-A6A2-456B34BB1EC2.jpeg

Last edited:
I can’t speak to Fierce or Christensen, but the Seekins customer service is outstanding. I’ve owned four of their rifles over the years and interacted with their customer service a half dozen times. Sometimes because I messed something up, other times because I couldn’t get accuracy out of the rifle I was hoping for. They will go to the end of the earth to take care of the customer and ensure at the end of the day you’re satisfied with their product.