Christensen arms vs fierce firearms

Keep your money !!!! You worked hard for it ....unless you competition shooting it matters NOT if you gun shoots 1/2 inch or inch 1/2 in the hunting world...pick up one of the el-cheappo deluxes and shoot the crap out of it and enjoy it...but both you mentioned are awesome machines, too nice to drag around in the rain,snow and blood/mud !!

Keep your money !!!! You worked hard for it ....unless you competition shooting it matters NOT if you gun shoots 1/2 inch or inch 1/2 in the hunting world...pick up one of the el-cheappo deluxes and shoot the crap out of it and enjoy it...but both you mentioned are awesome machines, too nice to drag around in the rain,snow and blood/mud !!

Utter foolishness again!! The difference in a 1/2 moa gun and 1 1/2 moa gun is huge on this forum, that puts me out side the vitals on deer inside my effective range, more importantly your wasting a full minute of wiggle room.

I can't really say, but Christensen is beginning to guarantee 1/2" accuracy in a couple of packages. I didn't see that listed with Fierce.

That kind of money should come with a performance level in writing.

For a long range rig, wouldn't a 1.5MOA gun be less reliable at distance? I'm confused by your statement.

Again, just because a rifle shoots inch groups at 100 yards doesn't mean it will shoot 2 at 200, 3 at 300 etc, one of the greatest if not the greatest shooting falicies of all time. Also, your not bench rest target shooting for group or score, you have huge target areas to hit, a basketball on deer and a beach ball on elk, ypou pass a bullet anywhere inside those target areas and the animal is dead. Hey, I like shooting small groups just as much as anyone else but in the hunting world they are not needed unless your shooting the eye out of your target animal...my neighbor had a 32 special model 94 that could barely hit a pie plate at 100 yards, his garage wall was covered with deer racks, sure he didn't shoot past 50 yards either... I wonder sometimes how many of these posters on here have actually shot at a target past 200 yards, I suspect more than we'd care to admit !!

Again, just because a rifle shoots inch groups at 100 yards doesn't mean it will shoot 2 at 200, 3 at 300 etc, one of the greatest if not the greatest shooting falicies of all time. Also, your not bench rest target shooting for group or score, you have huge target areas to hit, a basketball on deer and a beach ball on elk, ypou pass a bullet anywhere inside those target areas and the animal is dead. Hey, I like shooting small groups just as much as anyone else but in the hunting world they are not needed unless your shooting the eye out of your target animal...my neighbor had a 32 special model 94 that could barely hit a pie plate at 100 yards, his garage wall was covered with deer racks, sure he didn't shoot past 50 yards either... I wonder sometimes how many of these posters on here have actually shot at a target past 200 yards, I suspect more than we'd care to admit !!

All of this BS,true or untrue, is no reason to accept less than subzero accuracy out of a rifle!!

The fierce action is a copy of a sako 85. Very well made action, but much fewer choices in triggers and other things (bottom metal etc).the fierce Trigger is so-so. The biggest issue is that their customer service is lacking, it took 18 months to get my rifle when promised a 6 month wait, and I had to call and email several times to get any kind of email. Missed three different promised delivery dates. If there is one on the shelf in a shop you can put your hands on and buy, they are a solid rifle. If you have to order one I would go proof or HS precision or just buy a full custom made out of exactly the parts you want to your specs.

I have a fierce ti in 26 nosler. Accurate rifle, but the finishing isn't what you expect. Bottom metal is proud of the stock, rear action pillar was too long, stock is slightly higher than the left side of the tang. Not really noticable unless you are very picky but for several grand it should be bang on. I cleaned up the pillars and bedded the action and bottom metal. That said it is accurate, first cold bore shot is very consistent. With the #2 contour barrel group do start to open up after three shots, but the first three are normally under 1/2moa.

If I were going to spend anything close to that kind of money on a rifle I'd just call Len and order one of his through the LRH store, no need shopping around. I'm truly amazed at how many 2nd hand Christiensen Arms rifles I see for sale which makes me very leery of them.

Last edited: