Christensen arms vs fierce firearms

D757EEF6-8166-4C5C-AAA2-B09676417E24.jpeg I have a fierce carbon edge 280 AI rifle it shoots well under half moa I Have a shot half inch MOA groups out to 200 Yards Very well-built rifle I would say it's shoots three-quarter to half-inch groups out to 600 off the Bench can't say anything for Christiansen never have own one or shot one I can't say I rather have a half Moa Rifle at 100 200 then one inch or inch and a half MOA at 200 just takes less verbals out in the hunting Field anything to increase my odds specially if I'm shooting 3 to 400 yards Or farther add the factors in buck fever cold weather Poor position or rest you just multiply your MOA

Not to get off topic, but lets say you have 1/2 MOA guaranty, and you cannot get 1/2 groups. You send it back, and they send it back to you with a target showing a 1/2 group. Once again you cant get 1/2...Not all shooters can shoot 1/2, with any rifle.

How does this get resolved? I think the accuracy guarantees are partially hot air.

Not to get off topic, but lets say you have 1/2 MOA guaranty, and you cannot get 1/2 groups. You send it back, and they send it back to you with a target showing a 1/2 group. Once again you cant get 1/2...Not all shooters can shoot 1/2, with any rifle.

How does this get resolved? I think the accuracy guarantees are partially hot air.
I agree you still have to be able to shoot But if it's a half moa gun you should be able to shoot better than an gun that isn't. shooting does take skill .skill is not past Down in your DNA you still have to practice just like anything that requires skill I don't care if you're playing baseball soccer golf it all requires learning. All of the rifle Manufactures that claim half-inch shoot an indoor ranges no wind no variables due to Mother Nature Weatherby shoot their rifles in an indoor range they don't shoot half MOA and they don't claim too if they do you're paying big money

My hunting partner purchased a fierce rifle mid way thru last elk season. It was more or less an emergency/impulse rifle purchase. He didn't have time to buy dies and work up a load so he just bought the ammo that Fierce recommended.

His rifle is one of the lower end models that doesn't come with a "proof" target from the factory but still comes with the accuracy garauntee. Once he got on paper the first three shot group was a clover leaf at 100 yards. He then proceeded to put up a target on the 300 yard berm and shot a .68 moa 5 shot group with factory ammo.

What really got me is that this was with barnes bullets. In my 10 years of reloading I never had barnes bullets shoot that good. I guess the combination was just right.

For the record I have no experience shooting either brand but have personally witnessed the performance of the Fierce. I know it's a limited sample size but it's just what I have seen.

I have two of there rifles they are awesome for the price .Back these guys up all day they have lifetime warranty that follows the gun

Have you looked at Cooper? Do they make a 28 Schnoz? Their rifles are very nice.

To be honest, my ugly-as-hell Savage Ultralite fires as accurately as my buddy's Christ rifle but I don't feel like crying every time I push through brush or whatever and threaten to scratch mine up in the field. I use a 300 WSM (the gentleman's 300 magnum) and he fires 300 Win Mag. Within the distance I shoot, the WSM is just as effective, so...

And then... my Tikka Ulralite in 270 is just as accurate as both of them for half the price and about same weight.

Fierce is kind of a rag'n'bones company sometimes, even reviewers say that. They make a great rifle, though. I've never played with a Fierce action but I do have a Sako Gray Wolf and the action on that is boner-ific. I can only compare it to the action on my Bergara HMR Pro, which is as smooth as any custom 700 action I've nutted with as far as I'm concerned, and I like the Sako action even better. Just feels like it's all the right weights and measures. At least with Sako 85s, there's an issue with ejected cartridges hitting today's thicker scopes, but that's usually only short magnums. Mine is a 7mm Rem Mag and seems to eject fine.

Anywho, point is, I don't see a point in buying any rifle you can't first touch to make sure the action (if you are picky and a little bitch about it like me) isn't going to drive you nuts. Aftermarket options, like triggers... not a factor. If you need a Sako action trigger, you can find one that'll suit your needs. 9/10 the trigger on a Fierce or Christ is going to please the buyer. The next step up is higher end factory rifles and they often use the same trigger-grade.

Again, just because a rifle shoots inch groups at 100 yards doesn't mean it will shoot 2 at 200, 3 at 300 etc, one of the greatest if not the greatest shooting falicies of all time. Also, your not bench rest target shooting for group or score, you have huge target areas to hit, a basketball on deer and a beach ball on elk, ypou pass a bullet anywhere inside those target areas and the animal is dead. Hey, I like shooting small groups just as much as anyone else but in the hunting world they are not needed unless your shooting the eye out of your target animal...my neighbor had a 32 special model 94 that could barely hit a pie plate at 100 yards, his garage wall was covered with deer racks, sure he didn't shoot past 50 yards either... I wonder sometimes how many of these posters on here have actually shot at a target past 200 yards, I suspect more than we'd care to admit !!
Id like to hear your explanation why it's a fallacy that a gun that shoot moa at 100 yds won't hoot moa at distance.

I got a wild hair and decided to buy my oldest son a new gun for a deer hunt he had. With supply being what it is I could not find any of my first choices.

I was afraid to buy a CA
reading about their streak of poor quality control but I took a chance on a 6.5 PRC Carbon Ridgeline. After the break in and finding the right powder (H1000) it clover leafs H143 ELDXs and puts127LRXs into about 5/8" or less groups.

I had remorse (depression) giving it to him so I ordered a CA BA Tactical in 6.5 PRC as the cure.

View attachment 86431 I have a fierce carbon edge 280 AI rifle it shoots well under half moa I Have a shot half inch MOA groups out to 200 Yards Very well-built rifle I would say it's shoots three-quarter to half-inch groups out to 600 off the Bench can't say anything for Christiansen never have own one or shot one I can't say I rather have a half Moa Rifle at 100 200 then one inch or inch and a half MOA at 200 just takes less verbals out in the hunting Field anything to increase my odds specially if I'm shooting 3 to 400 yards Or farther add the factors in buck fever cold weather Poor position or rest you just multiply your MOA
I also have a fierce edge in .280 ai. Just curious as to your bullets of choice, they certified a target with 140 grain accubonds shooting.344 of an inch. Currently they only thing I can get my hands on are the 160 accubond and the 150 accubond long range.

tanx
Steve

We have 2 feirce rifles in the edge configuration...good guns accurate, smooth. Are they worth 3K...well to buy a good action, stock, trigger, barrel...you **** near be there...and if your OK with the set up then go for it. The thing I hate about feirce is their caliber selection is pretty sparse.

I believe both rifles shoot well. It's all about what feels good to you. Honestly if you flip a coin you will be happy either way, but I would get my hands on them first and do a comparison. You will know after that. 😁