Carbon Six Barrels Wait Time

7mm man

Am I the only person who has been waiting as long as November 13, 2023 for their carbon six prefit barrel? I am really getting annoyed. 8 months is ridiculous to wait for a prefit. I could of bought a blank gave it to a smith if knew I was going to wait that long. I keep being told it is in the "prepped" stage but they can't tell me what that means. No one can say how much longer it will take. I let it ride for a while but I flat out feel taken advantage of now.
My guess is they are doing a lot of OEM barrels now and don't give to craps about a customer who has purchased 3 barrels from them. I would have already ordered more if I had this barrel. Or they are going through some issues and are about to be bankrupt or closed, which seems unlikely with the carbon craze going on. Needless to say I am downright ****ed.

The website says 6-8 months. Consider that you probably lost 2-3 weeks due to having the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years holidays in your build window.

I waited 14 months for a Bartlein blank a couple of years ago, so...

14 months is crazy. I never had to wait longer than 4 months for any other pre-fit from them or anyone else. If this is going to be their standard I will just get a blank and get a smith to finish it. I should of bought that mill/lathe combo instead of another rifle recently. Anyone gotten a stainless prefit from Mcgowen recently? Is their wait time crazy?

I have ordered 4 stainless barrels and 1 carbon barrel from preffered barrel blanks and all have arrived on the 10-14 weeks they quoted. I have shot 3 of the 4. The three I have shot are shooting real nice, maybe give them a look.

I should. I see they do 7mm WSM which is what I need to order. I have checked them out a few times but never pulled the trigger.

I ordered one from C6 the latter part of December. I was told 5 months at the time. I checked with them a couple of weeks ago and they still don't have my barrel blank yet. I was hoping to have it finished for load development before our deer season starts in mid August. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Last edited:
No sir. Sucks. You are in the same boat as me. I am done with them.
If it's any consolation, they did tell me on June 24th they were just starting on November and then December orders. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. Since they don't even have my barrel blank, I have no idea when mine will get started.

I've had 3 on order since November as well, haven't heard anything.
I'm not really in a hurry for them but I thought it was a 3 month lead time when I ordered?

I've had 3 on order since November as well, haven't heard anything.
I'm not really in a hurry for them but I thought it was a 3 month lead time when I ordered?
That is why I am upset. They said 3 months when I ordered too. If it knew I was going to be 8+ months I would of different.

Here are a couple of replies from people on Rokslide.com in May of this year. I guess I won't be expecting mine any time soon. I really think they need to focus more on filling current orders versus having sales they can't fulfill due to their overwhelming backlog. I'll look at more reputable barrel manufacturers next time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_143208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_143208_Chrome.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 99

Recent Posts