Carbon Six Barrels Wait Time

Anyone makes a good barrel, it doesn't take long for word to get around. And then they join the rest of the 12+ month turnaround-time barrel companies.

I ordered a barrel from a well regarded company in February 2023 (it wasn't Carbon Six). Was told 8-9 months at time my order was placed. I canceled order after 14 months. Received a refund of my 50% deposit, because the manufacture of my barrel had not yet even begun.

I get the feeling 8 months is becoming a 'quick' turnaround.

A couple of years ago I went through a similar ordeal. I will say two things...they did answer my calls and when I did get them they were exactly what I wanted. Twist, profile so forth. I sent to a smith and they hammer!!

A few times they were off to the shot show or some such selling more items they couldn't deliver:mad: Sound familiar?? Hopefully someone else gets in this niche market and can deliver the total package. My C-6 barrels are awesome!! I probably will never own another.

I'll be moving to all steel for simplicity, price, performance and availability!! I can't shoot surpassed so no real need for carbon.

November 3rd 2023

Gene isnt answering the phone anymore he was great to deal with.

I have several of their barrels and they are shooters, i wanted a new one for my terminus zeus but i didnt realize it was going to be such a long wait.

The other ones showed up in 3 months.

Victims of their own success i guess.

Maybe we should band together and start our own barrel company. I am sure we can poach some employees from some where. LOL

Am I the only person who has been waiting as long as November 13, 2023 for their carbon six prefit barrel? I am really getting annoyed. 8 months is ridiculous to wait for a prefit. I could of bought a blank gave it to a smith if knew I was going to wait that long. I keep being told it is in the "prepped" stage but they can't tell me what that means. No one can say how much longer it will take. I let it ride for a while but I flat out feel taken advantage of now.
My order was on 10/3. Contacted them in May as I had been told a four month lead time (February). They gave me the same response, "We got really busy about that time.", and "All we can tell you is that we have your blank, and its in prep, waiting for wrapping." I have other rifles, but I was planning to have it assembled in mid-late spring. So, I am at roughly nine months, two months since "being in prep". I can wait, but it doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth. Hope it shoots when I get it.

'

Funny this post popped up today, I was gonna try contacting them tomorrow by phone. I emailed them a month ago and it took two weeks just to get a response. They really didn't give an answer as to when I can expect the barrel. I have a customer waiting for this barrel for a hunt in September, I ordered in Dec, was told 4 months then. I've had good luck with there barrels, but when there making me look foolish, I'll be moving on after this one

about 3 or 4 years ago i ordered barrels from mcgowen and c6 (basically same people) about 3 weeks apart in january. at that time it took 183 days for 1 and 186 for the other. i would hate too wait a year to get a barrel from anyone! worst thing is, is the cancelling cost! i paid for mine complete and not the 50% down as that shouldn't matter! my ar barrels from mcgowen (7-08rem & 6.5prc) only took 3 or 4 months last year and the x-cal (ar7saum) was about 4 months also. maybe getting the blanks is becoming more difficult?

I have purchased three barrels from carbon 6 and all three were about 6 months. I purchased a McGowan and it was just a couple weeks. They have become more popular and I think their wait times will grow to where other companies wait times have been.

Whenever I called them they always answered and were helpful.

November 3rd 2023

Gene isnt answering the phone anymore he was great to deal with.

I have several of their barrels and they are shooters, i wanted a new one for my terminus zeus but i didnt realize it was going to be such a long wait.

The other ones showed up in 3 months.

Victims of their own success i guess.
Gene was great to work with, super helpful.

Recent Posts