Carbon Six Barrels Wait Time

One simple answer to this. If you can't keep up with demand but keep accepting deposits then pay out some 'Overtime' to catch up. I had a C6 great barrel Gene was awesome to deal with but it was before their busy time I guess!

Has anyone received their barrel yet or any updates? I just sent another inquiry. It's been 7+ months so far since ordering mine.
did you order during their 20% off sale, if so there could've been many ordered at that time?

I had a 25 cal blank on order since November as well. I received it 2 weeks ago and now my customer has his rifle. 25 Cal 7T were hard to come by and in December McGowen's production manager left the company. This put scheduling back a bit. They are back on track but are switching to ECM cut rifling now. C6 has been testing what they got of the new rifling method. I am sure all this is slowing things down. I spoke with Gene about 10 days ago and leads times have increased. I ordered more of the new style barrels but won't see them till February I think. These McGowen do shoot well. I know none of what I said will help with an undelivered barrel. You might try to reach Justin Taylor in production. He was very responsive to my emails when my customer became annoyed at the delays.

I ordered eight barrels from Mullerworks on April 25. paid the invoice and they are shipping out Monday.
Just another source

Last edited:
I got a blank from McGowen (same company, they just separated their steel and carbon barrel sides of the business). It took about twice as long as they said it would (estimated 6-8 weeks, it took 14 to finish it). At 10 weeks I started calling and emailing weekly to get an update but never got ahold of anyone. Once it was ready I got an email and paid the balance within an hour of receiving the final invoice. They lost the payment and didn't ship it. I waited a week, then it took a week of daily calls and emails to get ahold of someone to resolve it. Once I did they fixed it and got the barrel out the same day, and it shoots well. It took significantly longer to get it than expected and their CS proved to be severely lacking, but it's a nice barrel.

I understand business some, but a little communication goes a long way. If they got swamped, a mass email should be pretty simple to do with a brief explanation.

I got a blank from McGowen (same company, they just separated their steel and carbon barrel sides of the business). It took about twice as long as they said it would (estimated 6-8 weeks, it took 14 to finish it). At 10 weeks I started calling and emailing weekly to get an update but never got ahold of anyone. Once it was ready I got an email and paid the balance within an hour of receiving the final invoice. They lost the payment and didn't ship it. I waited a week, then it took a week of daily calls and emails to get ahold of someone to resolve it. Once I did they fixed it and got the barrel out the same day, and it shoots well. It took significantly longer to get it than expected and their CS proved to be severely lacking, but it's a nice barrel.
Not sure what is going on with Mcgowen and C6. I have ordered barrels from them and never had issues with CS or wait times. Mcgowen got me my barrel under the time they said they would and it was a custom contour. Obviously they are getting busier but the CS issues are not good. No excuse not to reply to customers.

I ordered mine last December. I got this update yesterday.
Hi Timothy,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

We have recently transitioned to a new production team, which has impacted our update schedule. I have tracked your barrel through the carbon process, and I am pleased to inform you that the production is progressing smoothly. Currently, we anticipate that the barrel will be completed within approximately within the month or so. Possibly sooner with production ramping back up.

The primary delay was due to the arrival of the barrel blanks, which has now been resolved. Sales do not control or affect lead times.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you,

Production Team

Recent Posts