Carbon Six Barrels Wait Time

I ordered mine last December. I got this update yesterday.
Hi Timothy,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

We have recently transitioned to a new production team, which has impacted our update schedule. I have tracked your barrel through the carbon process, and I am pleased to inform you that the production is progressing smoothly. Currently, we anticipate that the barrel will be completed within approximately within the month or so. Possibly sooner with production ramping back up.

The primary delay was due to the arrival of the barrel blanks, which has now been resolved. Sales do not control or affect lead times.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you,

Production Team

Gave you much better info than they gave me a couple months ago when I inquired. They said all they could tell me was that they had the blank and it was in "prep". I'm quite certain they could have given me that info back then. Don't think that just happened.

Mine is going to be here Tuesday. Finally, now I can play with a 30 Nosler. If it shoots like the 7 SAUM barrel I will still be pleased. Taking 9 month it better shoot lights out....

Mine showed up yesterday, but was missing the recoil lug. Called them immediately and they said they would send one right away. We will see. Luckily I have an extra on hand anyway.

Go to 22:20 and they talk about the Carbonsix wait time and what is the reason.

I assumed that to be the case. If you noticed, browning recently starting offering a CF barrel for the first time. You know someone else is making that barrel. It just sucks because they are alienating the customers who helped get them where they are.

I assumed that to be the case. If you noticed, browning recently starting offering a CF barrel for the first time. You know someone else is making that barrel. It just sucks because they are alienating the customers who helped get them where they are.
Exactly

From what I read Browning is using Preferred Barrel Blanks for their carbon fiber barrels.

8 months is ridiculous--if that is the case--you need to make changes--or stop taking orders--I run 3 business--and if I could not do better than that--I'd get out . Capital investment....

Am I the only person who has been waiting as long as November 13, 2023 for their carbon six prefit barrel? I am really getting annoyed. 8 months is ridiculous to wait for a prefit. I could of bought a blank gave it to a smith if knew I was going to wait that long. I keep being told it is in the "prepped" stage but they can't tell me what that means. No one can say how much longer it will take. I let it ride for a while but I flat out feel taken advantage of now.
My guess is they are doing a lot of OEM barrels now and don't give to craps about a customer who has purchased 3 barrels from them. I would have already ordered more if I had this barrel. Or they are going through some issues and are about to be bankrupt or closed, which seems unlikely with the carbon craze going on. Needless to say I am downright ****ed.

You should have handed the blank to a smith and had it done right, out of the gate. I won't touch a prefit.

No thank you on an 8+ month wait. Personally I'd lose my mind if I had to wait that long. I'd definitely find a place to source a similar barrel in a lot less time. Not knocking them as I'm sure they're great but If i was quoted 8 months I'd be on to the next one.

Recent Posts